Infraction Question For Infraction Owners Regarding AVC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Hey guys, so I'm working on an Infraction build. I just want to drift around and burn up tires, not looking to do speed runs or anything extreme. I'm trying to figure out a rx/tx combo to install. My question is, is AVC the way to go for this machine, will it aide in drifting? Or will something like a DumboRC combo with a gyro also achieve the same desired effect? I run a DumboRC combo w/gyro in my Senton 3S and it absolutely made it more stable. Then there's option 3, no driving aides, just a basic tx/rx without anything extra. Thanks in advance for the input. 🍻

DX3/SR6100at or Dumbo/x6 is a great starting point and absolutely necessary beginning with this platform IMO. Just do your research on proper initial setup or that can create headaches.

DX3/SR6100at or Dumbo/x6 is a great starting point and absolutely necessary beginning with this platform IMO. Just do your research on proper initial setup or that can create headaches.
Thanks man. I'm familiar with the Dumbo/X6, I'm already running it in the Senton. Heck of a bang for the buck combo!

Infraction is not terribly difficult to drift even with AVC turned off. It's really stable from the weight and long wheelbase. Any gyro would be fine with it, even poor quality ones.

Infraction is not terribly difficult to drift even with AVC turned off. It's really stable from the weight and long wheelbase. Any gyro would be fine with it, even poor quality ones.
Thanks for the info. Think I'll do my pockets a favor and go for the DumboRC X6 combo.

Thanks for the info. Think I'll do my pockets a favor and go for the DumboRC X6 combo.
Quick question though, are you talking about Infraction 6s? I would at least get Flysky G7P for Infraction 6s. You need to be pretty sure the failsafe is gonna work and I've heard a lot about dumbo remotes cutting out and failsafe not engaging. If you lose signal on the Infraction 6s you might cause very serious damage to the car or surroundings.

Quick question though, are you talking about Infraction 6s? I would at least get Flysky G7P for Infraction 6s. You need to be pretty sure the failsafe is gonna work and I've heard a lot about dumbo remotes cutting out and failsafe not engaging. If you lose signal on the Infraction 6s you might cause very serious damage to the car or surroundings.
Yes, the I6. Noted, I'll do some homework on the G7P as well, thnaks!

I would get a radio combo with avc. Great to use until you get the hang of it, then you can turn it off and rip. Jenny's has some radio esc combos from the felony for sale.

I would get a radio combo with avc. Great to use until you get the hang of it, then you can turn it off and rip. Jenny's has some radio esc combos from the felony for sale.
Hmm..PNWRCMadness actually has the combo for about $10 less than Jennys. I haven't heard of many people ordering from their site, but they look legit.
1700076094132.png

Yes, the I6. Noted, I'll do some homework on the G7P as well, thnaks!
Also worth noting g7p is sort of bottom of the barrel when it comes to what I'd consider a good enough radio for infraction. The stock radio DX3 and stock receiver sr6100at or whatever is fine in terms of reliability but leaves a lot to be desired feature wise. DX5c is great upgrade for it but staying in Spektrum ecosystem commands steep price tag. G7P has been great for me but eventually the potentiometers get dirty and need cleaning by taking apart the radio and spraying with contact cleaner, and eventually the springs for throttle and steering will snap and need repaired.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back