Kraton Kraton 6s EXB 2v turning radius... disable AVC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revenant

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hi all... I put an AFGRC servo (496oz .11sec @ 7.4v) in my new Kraton 6s EXB (v2) and the turning radius is still very limited... the only knob on the radio seems to increase AVC or disable it.. not increase the turning endpoints.. Do I need to disable AVC on the radio or get a new radio in order to get the max steering radius? My big rock and Machete turn on a dime.. this Kraton I feel like I have to do three point turns on the street, or plan ahead a lot when I turn... it just feels like it should turn sharper.. Thanks!

edit: maybe put on the longer arm that came with the servo? the second hole on the AFGRC arm is just a tad further out than the stock arm's hole I am using now.

Last edited:
the only knob on the radio seems to increase AVC or disable it.. not increase the turning endpoints.
What radio are you using?.... You may have to adjust endpoints but we need more info to help there.

A 20mm servo arm is the proper length (from center of servo splines to center of ball), and the stock link should be 90 degrees to the servo when installed correctly and steering is centered.

The bell crank is a likely culprit for too big of turning radius, using a stiffer spring, and or shimming the spring will likely help.

Hi all... I put an AFGRC servo (496oz .11sec @ 7.4v) in my new Kraton 6s EXB (v2) and the turning radius is still very limited... the only knob on the radio seems to increase AVC or disable it.. not increase the turning endpoints.. Do I need to disable AVC on the radio or get a new radio in order to get the max steering radius? My big rock and Machete turn on a dime.. this Kraton I feel like I have to do three point turns on the street, or plan ahead a lot when I turn... it just feels like it should turn sharper.. Thanks!

edit: maybe put on the longer arm that came with the servo? the second hole on the AFGRC arm is just a tad further out than the stock arm's hole I am using now.
The servo Number would help to find if it need programing.

Hey thanks for the reply. I am using the stock SPM2340 DX3 radio that came with the EXB v2. The knob that normally would be servo end point adjustment is AVC control. The truck is brand new, well three packs through it.. The bell-crank on this truck seems tight, almost no slop and it's got that upgraded servo saver which seems pretty nice... I finally was able to road test it with the new servo and it does turn better now.. but I would still like an end point adjustment rather than AVC.. I read in the manual I can disable it but I need to rebind the radio I think.. That said it does seem to turn better now so I am just gonna put a few packs through it and go from there. Thanks!
The servo Number would help to find if it need programing.
AFGRC model: A73BHLW V2

180° Control Angle

The factory-set control angle of this servo is 180°±10° when the signal range is 500 to 2500 uSec.

I put the same servo in my Big Rock 3s and I can max out the steering on it. I didn't do any programming to either one.

Last edited:
If you lift the rig off the ground, does it have full travel? If not, you need to set DX3 endpoints. I'd turn that AVC garbage off/minimum. Only noobs use gyros or maybe cars going 100+mph...

Thanks.. I'll go through the calibration process. Ideally I would just like to disable AVC.. but turning the knob all the way back seems to do the trick. It does seem to turn better with the new servo but I will set the end points. Thanks for the video link!

Thanks... I like the lexan dirt shields he made to. Pretty cool.

ok … AVC disabled … turning is very good now. Added some lexan dirt shields and a body protector cut out of a wrigley 5 gum box.. worked pretty good. Thanks @phm14 and @Garcbomber for the links.

IMG_3564.jpeg

IMG_3563.jpeg
IMG_3560.jpeg

Not sure if these little lexan shields will survive but who knows. Was fun making them!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back