Big Rock Axle upgrades, dog bones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

Reaction score
So had to order up another set of axles for the big rock, snaps them off at the u joints. Always the front axles, id say the yokes are binding and or wearing the plastic thin. I see a few cvd options out there, but they are pricey. Are they worth it or are there other options

So had to order up another set of axles for the big rock, snaps them off at the u joints. Always the front axles, id say the yokes are binding and or wearing the plastic thin. I see a few cvd options out there, but they are pricey. Are they worth it or are there other options
Hi

I have a Big Rock and Granite BLX. The ONLY time I had issues similar to yours were induced on my part. Using 2.8" Proline belted tires, not checking my diffs for bearings that were bad and binding, and overall binding issues in my suspension added by me not installing RPM arms correctly for correct movement.

So what I am getting at is if you are running it stock and NOT doing 4S, etc., you should not be having issues of breaking U-joints.

What is your setup, and how are you using it, what power and electronics are you running?

There is a place for CVDs, and they cost, but most have jumped to 4S and also paid the extra and over-spent, making it strong enough to handle that....what I did in the end.... got a 6S rig and put my 3S rig back to stock. I love them more as they are.

Again, what is your setup?

Bone stock, 3s. I just installed a set of u belted 6pack duratrax tires but havnt run them yet

Bone stock, 3s. I just installed a set of u belted 6pack duratrax tires but havnt run them yet
If this is happening stock before the tires...check your slipper clutch. You could be too tight and need to back off it a bit. Also, check the diffs bearings for no binding, as well as the drivetrain and suspension all turn freely and no binding. Check the power module as well as the center driveshaft that all moves freely and without binding with no power.

The rear is where most breaks happen well for me, but in a stock setup case, I would check your rig over thoroughly

Unfortunately with the BRCC V3 and typhon 3s your options are stock or upgrade to the 4s suspension. The aftermarket ones that say they fit actually do not fit or they are junk bling parts, the Arrma cvds are too short and the sliders can come apart on full suspension articulation.

Unfortunately with the BRCC V3 and typhon 3s your options are stock or upgrade to the 4s suspension. The aftermarket ones that say they fit actually do not fit or they are junk bling parts, the Arrma cvds are too short and the sliders can come apart on full suspension articulation.
That means the brand new tires i bought for it wouldnt work, as they are 12mm hex and the 4s axles use 17mm. Really getting tired of the 3s line, they work well. But they are handicapped by there design and the cheap parts you have to use. I prob have half in spare parts into this thing than what it cost new in less than a year

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back