Fireteam Backlip LP vs. Backflip 6s for Fireteam?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yessir! Gone are the simple,light and affordable cars!! I'll admit, an MB has never been on my radar.. not that I don't like, but rather any MB I can afford has likely already been written off as a boat anchor!!🤣🤣

On man. Ive had some Boat Anchors!

The one on the right in particular. '99 E320. $50k Piece of Crap!
The FRS on the left almost killed me :-/ Lost that car that day.
I got that in late 2012 for $24,500 with a manual.
IMG_20130502_192029_762.jpeg

This is my current Garage Resident.
'99 CLK 320 with 77k miles. Id like to find a new caretaker for this one - soon!
My Honda outperforms it in every way! Except Sheer speed, this car has done 140mph with one hand on the wheel. Effortless.
IMG_20130418_084010_139.jpeg

This is the Best Car I have Ever owned. '93 1/2 300E
Had that Awesome Motor, 24v quad cam V6 from the SL that year.
I put just over 200k miles on it and sold it for $$ years ago. Im sure it still going!
Great Car that will never be made again. I wish I still had it. It cost $55k in 1993.
Mercedes-300E.jpg

I see, well if you ponied up for the aluminum adapter$, then you already know why they exist.
To each their own, but no way I'll ever pay Proline money unless they ditch the crappy Raid wheel design with bolt on hub adapters.. shoot, thats like tire prices for 1:1 cars🤢🤮
Very true. The bright side is that I'll never have to worry about spinning a hex on their tires. Not having to unglue and re-glue a tire to a new rim is worth the $$ for me. That's such a pain in the a$$ job.
The Damn 1/10 Methods are $120/quad. WTF is with these prices of tiny tires?! Id say it was due to Low volume production but they don't last long and the RC Hobby is like the 2nd largest "Hobby" in the World! Cars are just less than half of that (planes and drones being the largest) but its still a HUGE global industry. And Arrma makes many of them! Seriously, $35-$65 Per Tire?! And not even a kiss.

https://methodrc.net/products/terra...uck-tires-on-array-17mm-hex-wheels-2pcs-glued

These are Method 1/5 Monster Tires - $160/quad! Sold Out. LOL
https://methodrc.net/products/terra...uck-tires-on-array-24mm-hex-wheels-2pcs-glued

Methods are expensive. I have the 1/8th scale MT and the 1/7th scale Mojave tires. I'm not entirely convinced they are worth it, buy maybe the terrain I run on is too loose for the tread pattern. What I do like about them is the removable hex. Just like Proline, if the hex strips, I can bolt in a new one in less than two minutes.

Very true. The bright side is that I'll never have to worry about spinning a hex on their tires. Not having to unglue and re-glue a tire to a new rim is worth the $$ for me. That's such a pain in the a$$ job.
Do you actually remove spent tires to reuse the wheels? I always wanted to but never actually have..
I have a set of Xmaxx tires that are mint, foams are gone though. Love to salvage the tires at least, don't care about the wheels really..but, then I'd need foams. I'd give the Arrma foams a try, but the TRX foams are rubbish..

I glued up a pair of U4 Hyrax rock crawler tires on a set of Pro-Line wheels that were designed for the Traxxas UDR. I planned on using the combo for my Lasernut. Once the tires were glued to the wheels and dried, I realized that it was the 1/7 Hyrax tires that needed wheels designed for the UDR, not the U4 Hyrax tires... basically, I glued the wrong tires to the wrong wheels. Before I realized they were the wrong wheels and tires, I ran them on my Mojave and I destroyed the wheels (the Mojave spun those hexes like no one's business). So, I had to soak them in acetone (which ruined the foam) to get the tires off the wheels. Then, I bought new foams and glued the tires to the correct wheels. If I hadn't of done that, I would have had to throw away four perfectly good U4 Hyrax tires ($80).

To answer your question—I think the use-case for taking the tires off the wheel would likely be because the wheel hex is stripped on wheels that do not have a removable hex, like the Backflip LP. I did spin the hex on a Backflip LP on my Outcast 4s. Maybe I didn't tighten down the locknut enough. At some point when I have a Backflip LP tire that's at the end of its life, and if the wheel is still intact, I have a tire I can use to replace the worn tire.

I glued up a pair of U4 Hyrax rock crawler tires on a set of Pro-Line wheels that were designed for the Traxxas UDR. I planned on using the combo for my Lasernut. Once the tires were glued to the wheels and dried, I realized that it was the 1/7 Hyrax tires that needed wheels designed for the UDR, not the U4 Hyrax tires... basically, I glued the wrong tires to the wrong wheels. Before I realized they were the wrong wheels and tires, I ran them on my Mojave and I destroyed the wheels (the Mojave spun those hexes like no one's business). So, I had to soak them in acetone (which ruined the foam) to get the tires off the wheels. Then, I bought new foams and glued the tires to the correct wheels. If I hadn't of done that, I would have had to throw away four perfectly good U4 Hyrax tires ($80).

To answer your question—I think the use-case for taking the tires off the wheel would likely be because the wheel hex is stripped on wheels that do not have a removable hex, like the Backflip LP. I did spin the hex on a Backflip LP on my Outcast 4s. Maybe I didn't tighten down the locknut enough. At some point when I have a Backflip LP tire that's at the end of its life, and if the wheel is still intact, I have a tire I can use to replace the worn tire.
Perhaps if I can get one bead free on each wheel, I could clean out the remaing "dust" that's left from the factory foams and stuff something else in there..
Then again, may not even be worth the frustrations to try and save TRX tires,LOL.
Proline, definitely tho.

Yeah. Definitely want to save brand new $80 tires!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back