Fireteam Fireteam 6s Vs. Big Rock 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loyal316

Reaction score
I am about to buy my first ARRMA vehicle and I am extremely torn between the Fireteam 6s and the Big Rock 6s. Which is the better vehicle and why? Just want to get the best bang for my buck and they are similar in price.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

First basher too? Do you prefer off-road spontaneous stunts, skatepark, ramps, short course track?

They are the same chassis and drivetrain platform, just a few minor differences in body/bumper aesthetics along with differentials/stub&hubs/tires. Fireteam has a rear handbrake that you either love or hate.

Hopefully you’re stick around and not ghost after this, but you can’t go wrong with either since they share the same ARRMA 6S XLWB platform.

I have the Fireteam and I love that thing.

isnt the BR6S longer?
if so, the BigRock is gonna be more stable.
and if you don't like the dolls, bigrock.
fireteam comes with the handbreak. Most people say the handbreak sucks tho.

Yes, my first basher. I am getting back into R/C cars. I had a Turbo Optima as a kid and loved it. Rally looking for off-road stuff. Jumping, rough terrain. Not necessarily looking to race, but that would be fun too.

They do look really similar in build. I know the BigRock 6s is newer with some updated items.

The videos I watched online looked like they were both pretty much equally fast. The Fireteam did seem to be more stable on jumps though. It also looked like it turns a bit harder, but that could just be my perception.

The Big Rock body looks like it would be a bit more durable. The fireteam body is awesome, but I worry about it breaking more easily.

Is it possible to put a Fireteam body on the BigRock 6s chassis or a BigRock body on the Fireteam chassis?

Do you like the handbrake?

isnt the BR6S longer?
BR6, FT6 and Mojo all share the exact same chassis and wheelbase.
Yes, my first basher. I am getting back into R/C cars. I had a Turbo Optima as a kid and loved it. Rally looking for off-road stuff. Jumping, rough terrain. Not necessarily looking to race, but that would be fun too.

They do look really similar in build. I know the BigRock 6s is newer with some updated items.

The videos I watched online looked like they were both pretty much equally fast. The Fireteam did seem to be more stable on jumps though. It also looked like it turns a bit harder, but that could just be my perception.

The Big Rock body looks like it would be a bit more durable. The fireteam body is awesome, but I worry about it breaking more easily.

Is it possible to put a Fireteam body on the BigRock 6s chassis or a BigRock body on the Fireteam chassis?

Do you like the handbrake?
The Fireteam body is a lot more durable than the BR6 - coming from experience.

The Fireteam handles different as well due to the slightly taller wheels/tires and the open diffs F/C/R. The BR6 utilizes the beefier GP4 diffs found on the EXB series of ARRMA 6S family. They come with the “open” configuration but you can add LSD plates if you want.

That being said, the FT6 handles lighter than it looks.

Wow, I wouldn't have thought that the FT6s body would be more durable. That's super valuable information, thank you for sharing that.

Honestly, I would suggest buying used, you can save a lot and you can also start off faster without having to consider batt and charger options.

AF= Arrma Forum!
True, but to everyone else on the internet it means "as fuk" so the way I used it was like "durable as fuk" :ROFLMAO:

Hand brake is nice on hard surface like asfalt.
If buying new you have to think about going with the new Kraton 6s exb rtr also.

Used Fieteam's can be found.

Bang for the buck! V5 Kraton 6S $449 new no tax's and shipped. Look for the tree.

I have both well all 3 the V5, EXB and EXB RTR and for the money ($449) the V5 it's hard to beat.

For some if not most $750 is a big chunk of money or some people at 699+ tax and shipping pushes it up there pretty far. Is it a superior truck? Yes it is. It does a lot of things better than the V5, but I’ve ran my V5 for a year now and I’ve had a blast with it. I moved up to the EXB recently, and I just happen to get a really good deal on my EXBRTR to the door for $620. It is just my opinion, but I think it is more bang for the buck compared to the other two trucks he’s looking at.

Last edited:

EXtreme Bash​

Back