Baseplate Bending Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
New December 2020 Kraton 8S:
(see my initial thoughts and observations post to put this question in perspective)

Kraton 8S Bottom Plate-v6.jpg
The bending of the baseplate seems to be a common thing, at least on the first 8S’s sold – no wonder since you’ve got 2 heavy battery packs, motor, etc… sitting on it. So, trying to strike a balance between complexity, weight, and cost, I was thinking of attaching two pieces of ¼” square steel rod to the underside (see picture of a draft plan). I’d countersink bolts through the compartment side and tap threads for the bolts into the steel rod. I’d shave down at an angle the ends of the rods to prevent them from catching on anything.

What are your thoughts on that?

Thanks!

I don't know far to the rear you can bring those 1/4" rods. You have the bulkhead there.
I think if you do go that route and use these as long as feasible, you will need to at make every other screw give or take, captured with a nut on the inner chassis side. Clearance issues on the inner chassis may exist with some nut fasteners. IDK. Just thinking out of the box. Hard for you to determine without your rig out in front of you.

My stock chassis is still straight, and it’s been sent high and long, without mods.

7FC555D5-9BE6-425C-A57F-DD8F13CCB7B2.jpeg

That being said..... I’ve switched out to an M2C mid summer, because I’m a junkie.

cheers,
kev

I don't know far to the rear you can bring those 1/4" rods. You have the bulkhead there.
I think if you do go that route and use these as long as feasible, you will need to at make every other screw give or take, captured with a nut on the inner chassis side. Clearance issues on the inner chassis may exist with some nut fasteners. IDK. Just thinking out of the box. Hard for you to determine without your rig out in front of you.
Yea, once I get my hands on it I'll be able to determine how I want to proceed. Thanks!
My stock chassis is still straight, and it’s been sent high and long, without mods.

View attachment 115225

That being said..... I’ve switched out to an M2C mid summer, because I’m a junkie.

cheers,
kev
Thanks, that's good to know. Maybe I'm being a little paranoid???

Back