Kraton Some Homemade Strengthening Modifications

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Just being a nerd and doing some home modifications...

To strengthen the crap outta the chassis from bending, I attached two 1/4" steel square stock to the chassis. Used 14 screws (6-32 SS) directly tapped into the steel, making contour bends where needed to clear existing screw spots and the lower control arms. Even made it so the front and rear narrow ends are reinforced. The front where the bars turn up are bolted to the front skid plate, with a thick rubber washer in between for a little shock absorption. The two bars only weigh about 408 grams.

The front bars will also transfer any impact force across the whole reinforced chassis, hopefully preventing plastic parts from breaking. The horizontal bar is just a little attempt to protect the front control arms. I added two carbon fiber tubes to the top two center brace bars for additional rigidity in helping prevent them from bending in case of a bad crash.

Added two battery voltage alarms (Velcro'd to the batteries), re-greased all three differential boxes with good automotive wheel bearing grease, jam-packed the center diff with silicone earplugs, put better motor mount screws in, and changed to the 23t pinion gear.

Car drives really well, front tires hardly balloon at all, and it's freaking fast.

Just thought I'd share...

Inside Chassis Tapered Holes.jpg

Chassis Strengthening Bars-1_Threaded Screw Points.jpg

Chassis Strengthening Bars-1.jpg

Chassis Strengthening Bars-2.jpg

Chassis Strengthening Bars-3.jpg

Chassis Strengthening Bars-4.jpg

Chassis Strengthening Bars-5.jpg

Carbon Fiber Strengthening-Battery Voltage Alarms.jpg

Bearing Grease.jpg

Stronger Mount Bolts.jpg

Thats some serious Mad Max-ification.
Glad you got it dialed in now...the 23T with the earplugs is going to be pretty sweet. Have fun!

I just got the carbon tube delivered myself, yet to install....

cheers,
kev

Just asking - I know what I've done is probably pretty strange and out of the flow of normalcy (like a lot of things I do), but does this qualify to be a "Build Thread Contributor"?

Feel free to respond once your hysterical laughter subsides...

:unsure:

I changed a shock once......I felt that qualified me for a build thread badge......🤣

cheers,
kev

Staff / Moderator - Would you please transfer this thread to the build thread? I already started the thread over there (Title only). I'm pretty sure you don't want duplicate threads.

Thanks!
So am I safe to assume you want this thread moved to the build logs section and the other one deleted?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back