Talion Battery/body mounting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevens4x

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I spent a good amount of time making my new batteries fit last night and adjusting the body. The batteries though still sit almost as high as the center body support. I just know with a fairly good crash I’m going to smack those batteries hard. The HH dude told me they’d fit but I’m not so sure.

Any ideas how to raise that center brace or how to protect the batteries? Thank you much!

..(2) 3s Spektrum 100c 5000’s

I spent a good amount of time making my new batteries fit last night and adjusting the body. The batteries though still sit almost as high as the center body support. I just know with a fairly good crash I’m going to smack those batteries hard. The HH dude told me they’d fit but I’m not so sure.

Any ideas how to raise that center brace or how to protect the batteries? Thank you much!

..(2) 3s Spektrum 100c 5000’s
I'm having a similar issue with my Typhon 6s. Can't configure a way where the body isn't rubbing on the battery wires. Someone suggested to go with a 6s battery instead of two 3s, as the savings in size might offset the issue. After my first run with the two 3s, the paint has already begun to scrub in the area near the back of the battery. Like you, I'm worried what might happen if the buggy lands upside down hard.

I'm having a similar issue with my Typhon 6s. Can't configure a way where the body isn't rubbing on the battery wires. Someone suggested to go with a 6s battery instead of two 3s, as the savings in size might offset the issue. After my first run with the two 3s, the paint has already begun to scrub in the area near the back of the battery. Like you, I'm worried what might happen if the buggy lands upside down hard.
I though about that too. 1 6s would definitely be easier. My lipos have sat charged for at least a year and have puffed so I convinced myself to slowly toss and replace them with Smart lipos for the auto discharge function. Problem is they’re pretty expensive. And they don’t make a hard 6s just a soft. Hopefully someone will chime in with a fix ?. Guess I could use these in the X and maybe try the soft 6s.?.

I'm not too familiar with the Talion's layout sorry but I am with the Typhon 6S so this might help @Notorious J out more than you @Stevens4x but here it is for both.

Two things I did for getting my 6S Turnigy Graphene Panther 5000mAh to fit nicely and safely in my Typhon as at first it wouldn't fit (battery tray too small and then the body wouldn't fit either).

Firstly I modified my battery tray by cutting off one side of it using a Dremel ~ this also gives you more options with battery orientation.
101 Battery tray mod.JPG

102.JPG

Second mod I did was to raise my body post mounts. I did this by drilling another set of holes on my rear shock tower, ...essentially making the original Arrma drilled top screw hole my new bottom screw hole and re-drilling a new top screw hole (hope that makes sense).
104 Body post mod.JPG

That raises the body up nicely I found and gave me the clearance I needed.
Before pic.
106 Before body height.JPG

After pic.
107 After body height.JPG

Hope that helps or gives you some ideas of what to try.

Oh and another idea you could try is by using body shell mounts from another Arrma model again which hopefully will raise the body shell height up. I believe the Arrma 6S Kraton V4 has mounts which "may" work as they're adjustable and the screw hole mounting points look the same as the Typhon although as I never tried them I can't be certain for sure so that is at your own risk if you buy the parts to try.
Part number: AR320365
Link: https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR320365

I'm not too familiar with the Talion's layout sorry but I am with the Typhon 6S so this might help @Notorious J out more than you @Stevens4x but here it is for both.

Two things I did for getting my 6S Turnigy Graphene Panther 5000mAh to fit nicely and safely in my Typhon as at first it wouldn't fit (battery tray too small and then the body wouldn't fit either).

Firstly I modified my battery tray by cutting off one side of it using a Dremel ~ this also gives you more options with battery orientation.
View attachment 55750

View attachment 55751

Second mod I did was to raise my body post mounts. I did this by drilling another set of holes on my rear shock tower, ...essentially making the original Arrma drilled top screw hole my new bottom screw hole and re-drilling a new top screw hole (hope that makes sense).
View attachment 55752

Before pic.
View attachment 55753

After pic.
View attachment 55754

Oh and another idea you could try is by using body shell mounts from another Arrma model again which hopefully will raise the body shell height up. I believe the Arrma 6S Kraton V4 has mounts which "may" work as they're adjustable and the screw hole mounting points look the same as the Typhon although as I never tried them I can't be certain for sure so that is at your own risk if you buy the parts to try.
Thanks @GMballistic . I have a ton of spare mounts that I'll pillage through, and if I can't find the one's I want, two new holes is really easy too. As long as they stay below the top of the tower, the mounts will be safe. Appreciate the pics too.

View attachment 55750

View attachment 55751

View attachment 55752

Before pic.
View attachment 55753

After pic.
View attachment 55754

@GMballistic Wow- thanks for the great write up! Sure appreciated!

The problem I have is the batteries are just too thick (I think) to be safe. They fit lengthwise and width just not height.

Btw. This is my first Arrma so I can’t compare to other models...but they included several different height body posts ?? So that kinda helps but you can’t adjust the center body support (which would solve everything). But then it’d be halfway to a Kraton anyway ?

Attachments

• 4E639610-DD11-4E46-9A11-D74DB6F4A95F.jpeg
    4E639610-DD11-4E46-9A11-D74DB6F4A95F.jpeg
    270.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 59914088-5845-4345-BAC8-25D9F3F879FD.jpeg
    59914088-5845-4345-BAC8-25D9F3F879FD.jpeg
    303.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 6F7AB87C-9CA3-43AF-9868-D257F7A0AF11.jpeg
    6F7AB87C-9CA3-43AF-9868-D257F7A0AF11.jpeg
    284.9 KB · Views: 56
I run single 6S. Softpacks. I know that most hard bash with Hard case. I just buy what is available. And Soft packs really haven't failed me. And My hard pack gensacearespammers 4S packs have actually puffed and split the case open. I don't like running tandem packs. Tried it and don't like it. I feel a solid brick stays in place better than Two packs that can separate in the tray. If there was a double side by side tray like the Limitless and Infr. than that's different. And better LCG.

Last edited:

View attachment 55750

View attachment 55751

View attachment 55752

Before pic.
View attachment 55753

After pic.
View attachment 55754

One down, one to go??
15751576409157120195806245450936.jpg

The problem I have is the batteries are just too thick (I think) to be safe. They fit lengthwise and width just not height.

Btw. This is my first Arrma so I can’t compare to other models...but they included several different height body posts ?? So that kinda helps but you can’t adjust the center body support (which would solve everything). But then it’d be halfway to a Kraton anyway ?
Do you really need to adjust the centre body support though?
I mean if you could use some longer body post mounts (like the ones in this set: AR320357) to raise the body higher to accommodate the battery height then doesn't that solve your problem?
Or are you really worried about rolling the Talion and damaging your batteries?

If it's the latter you could make something to simply screw on top of the centre support to give you the extra height for the body to rest on and stop it from going lower. Maybe some plastic piping or aluminium box section simply held in place by two screws.
Like below, would that work?
4E639610-DD11-4E46-9A11-D74DB6F4A95F.jpeg

@Notorious J Looking good and you're not hanging around. :D;)

I run single 6S. Softpacks. I know that most hard bash with Hard case. I just buy what is available. And Soft packs really haven't failed me. And My hard pack gensacearespammers 4S packs have actually puffed and split the case open. I don't like running tandem packs. Tried it and don't like it. I feel a solid brick stays in place better than Two packs that can separate in the tray. If there was a double side by side tray like the Limitless and Infr. than that's different. And better LCG.
Good deal thank you. I think my biggest hurdle is pulling that Velcro tight on the end of a soft pack.
Do you really need to adjust the centre body support though?
I mean if you could use some longer body post mounts (like the ones in this set: AR320357) to raise the body higher to accommodate the battery height then doesn't that solve your problem?
Or are you really worried about rolling the Talion and damaging your batteries?

If it's the latter you could make something to simply screw on top of the centre support to give you the extra height for the body to rest on and stop it from going lower. Maybe some plastic piping or aluminium box section simply held in place by two screws.
Like below, would that work?
View attachment 55772

@Notorious J Looking good and you're not hanging around. :D;)
Thank you again. I’ve been watching the guys on YouTube jump these and looks fun so I’m gonna try to imitate them lol. I went ahead and ordered the 6s soft pack which saves height and once they’re here I’m thinking I’ll try forming a little plastic piece for the unprotected end and with some foam hopefully protect from wild crashes ?

Last edited:
Good deal thank you. I think my biggest hurdle is pulling that Velcro tight on the end of a soft pack.

Thank you again. I’ve been watching the guys on YouTube jump these and looks fun so I’m gonna try to imitate them lol. I went ahead and ordered the 6s soft pack which saves height and once they’re here I’m thinking I’ll try forming a little plastic piece for the unprotected end and with some foam hopefully protect from wild crashes ?
Padding is important. It does help. Soft packs will get corner damage and deform easily.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back