Battery Chargers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a Thunder AC680 that I bought used in 2015, original owner bought it in 2013, I gave it to my brother and he still uses to this day.

The AC680 is a fairly decent charger. Only reason I upgraded was because it was hard to charge 6 3s batteries with it.
Yeah and I think for 5200mah packs 5.2A needs right at 80watts of power. So I'm probably good with just using these. Should take right at 1hr to charge one 5200mah battery. The only downside is I have to run the 2 chargers to charge 2 Batts.

Yeah and I think for 5200mah packs 5.2A needs right at 80watts of power. So I'm probably good with just using these. Should take right at 1hr to charge one 5200mah battery. The only downside is I have to run the 2 chargers to charge 2 Batts.
Yeah you are charging at a hair under 1c.

https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-charger-wattage-calculator/#B

Power Supply Max Wattage (W)80w
Battery Cells in Series 4S (14.8v)
Battery Capacity (mAh)5200
Number of Battery Packs One

Charger Rate Per Pack(C)Charge Current Per Pack (A)
0.78 C4.06 Amps (A)

It will take approximately 83 minutes to charge your pack(s) depending on a few different factors. The max charge rate calculated above will occur near the end of the charging cycle when the battery pack ramps up to maximum voltage. While the voltage is ramping up to maximum voltage, the charging rate will be slightly higher as max voltage has not yet been achieved.

Plus there's the balance circuit to consider, not sure what the AC680 outputs, guessing 1a? Not bad really, I've had some SkyRC knockoffs that only put out .5a for balancing..so once one cell hits 4.2v, everything slows to .5amps..
So the battery will charge relatively quick, then, it's like watching paint dry..😕👎
The higher the balance charge amperage, the better. I think the highest I've ever heard of was 2.5a. Anything @1a or greater is what you really want.

Plus there's the balance circuit to consider, not sure what the AC680 outputs, guessing 1a? Not bad really, I've had some SkyRC knockoffs that only put out .5a for balancing..so once one cell hits 4.2v, everything slows to .5amps..
So the battery will charge relatively quick, then, it's like watching paint dry..😕👎
The higher the balance charge amperage, the better. I think the highest I've ever heard of was 2.5a. Anything @1a or greater is what you really want.
I just went ahead and ordered the gensacearespammers d300 g tech. That way I can benefit too from charging 2 packs with just one charger without having to run two

I just went ahead and ordered the gensacearespammers d300 g tech. That way I can benefit too from charging 2 packs with just one charger without having to run two
Solid choice I'd say. That, or the ISDT K2 Air would probably be my choice. I know there's plenty of choices out there. I have a Hota S6 which is great, so until (hopefully never) something goes wrong with it, I'm pretty content.
I do have a Spektrum S2100 (2×100watt) which was good, for about a month or two, then it lost a channel. So, it's now a single channel charger. I still use it. If I really get anxious to charge as many at once as I can, I fire up the trusty old AC6. Then I'm charging 4 batts at once. Since I never leave home to bash, I really don't need to charge 4 at a time.

Solid choice I'd say. That, or the ISDT K2 Air would probably be my choice. I know there's plenty of choices out there. I have a Hota S6 which is great, so until (hopefully never) something goes wrong with it, I'm pretty content.
I do have a Spektrum S2100 (2×100watt) which was good, for about a month or two, then it lost a channel. So, it's now a single channel charger. I still use it. If I really get anxious to charge as many at once as I can, I fire up the trusty old AC6. Then I'm charging 4 batts at once. Since I never leave home to bash, I really don't need to charge 4 at a time.
Right, my setup is 4 4s packs 2 for my Tekno and 2 for my Mojave. I got a backyard Track so I just run an extension cord out to my table. I have 2 charged and while I'm running one car I'm charging the other 2. When I'm done with that car my other 2 packs should be complete. Then I run the other car with those 2 packs and I'm done for the day. That gives me around 1.5hrs of Fun.

Right, my setup is 4 4s packs 2 for my Tekno and 2 for my Mojave. I got a backyard Track so I just run an extension cord out to my table. I have 2 charged and while I'm running one car I'm charging the other 2. When I'm done with that car my other 2 packs should be complete. Then I run the other car with those 2 packs and I'm done for the day. That gives me around 1.5hrs of Fun.
Same here! Which is why I never leave home to bash!👍😁🍻

Lucky bastards 😂 I wish I had a backyard track. I have to drive 15 minutes in either direction to bash. So I always make it worth the drive and take 4 or 5 cars out at a time. That is where my Hitec X2 400 having 400w per channel really helps. I have parallel leads so I can charge 4 batteries at once but it still takes me 2-3 hours to charge up all my batteries though. I should really invest in a good parallel charge board and an 18v psu so I can charge more at once.

Lucky bastards 😂 I wish I had a backyard track. I have to drive 15 minutes in either direction to bash. So I always make it worth the drive and take 4 or 5 cars out at a time. That is where my Hitec X2 400 having 400w per channel really helps. I have parallel leads so I can charge 4 batteries at once but it still takes me 2-3 hours to charge up all my batteries though. I should really invest in a good parallel charge board and an 18v psu so I can charge more at once.
15 minutes ain't bad. I hear you on lugging everything around though. I've been there. Still would like to travel from time to time just to change it up. My bro lives a half hour away, he often leaves most of his rigs and batteries here. He lives in an upstairs apartment, don't blame him there..

15 minutes ain't bad. I hear you on lugging everything around though. I've been there. Still would like to travel from time to time just to change it up. My bro lives a half hour away, he often leaves most of his rigs and batteries here. He lives in an upstairs apartment, don't blame him there..
Yeah it's a lot of work loading and then unloading 5 cars, the batteries, tools and spare parts. When I go to my bothers place up in North Dakota I have pretty much the entire back of my truck full of totes of rc stuff leave just enough room for the beer cooler :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back