Kind of confused about chargers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

22sglide

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
So I just received my Notorious and being my first 6s when I bought it I ordered 2 6s 7600 mah 150c batteries and I don't think my charger can charge these very well/at all I have the imax b6 charger for my old 3s batteries for my traxxas cars. So Im looking for a new charger that will work. but what do I look for specs wise

If you want an absolute powerhouse, go for the Hota S6. Dual port, 400w AC for 130-150, depends where you buy it from. I got mine for 139 from www.Rotorriot.com
Great place great prices.

I can balance charge 2 5800mah 6s lipos from storage in about 45 mins. Good enough for me. It’s my first premium lipo charger and I’m not sure how I got by without one! 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

So I just received my Notorious and being my first 6s when I bought it I ordered 2 6s 7600 mah 150c batteries and I don't think my charger can charge these very well/at all I have the imax b6 charger for my old 3s batteries for my traxxas cars. So Im looking for a new charger that will work. but what do I look for specs wise
I mean whatever it takes to get a charger that works so I don't fiddlestick these batteries up :LOL:
If you want an absolute powerhouse, go for the Hota S6. Dual port, 400w AC for 130-150, depends where you buy it from. I got mine for 139 from www.Rotorriot.com

I can balance charge 2 5800mah 6s lipos from storage in about 45 mins. Good enough for me. It’s my first premium lipo charger and I’m not sure how I got by without one! 🤦🏻‍♂️😂
Wow thats alot cheaper than I thought they would be. So being 7600mah do they need to be able to charge at 7.6 amps? Is that how its suppose to go?

I mean whatever it takes to get a charger that works so I don't fiddlestick these batteries up :LOL:

Wow thats alot cheaper than I thought they would be. So being 7600mah do they need to be able to charge at 7.6 amps? Is that how its suppose to go?
Yes, 7.6 amps. It’ll probably take an hour or so to charge both packs.

We should have section for products we all use like chargers and batteries that show different products and the popularity votes each one has received.
Anyone wanting to know what charger or, say a screwdriver to brand to choose could easily go there and see which ones are popular at any given time.

To find out what you need in terms of wattage……
In your case…

6S
7600 mah

Here’s the math……6x4.2x7.6= 191.5 watts of charging power.

The 6 being your cell count.
The 4.2 being the voltage of a fully charged cell.
The 7.6 being the mah divided by 1000.
The 191.5 watts being what is required from your charger to charge these lipos at 7.6 amps in a reasonable time.

Now, before everyone jumps all over me……you can still charge these lipos with a charger that is only 100 watts let’s say…..but it’s going to take longer, and that charger will never reach 7.6 amps…..it may reach about 5 amps give or take. Maybe 5.5, depending.

What you need to charge these lipos is a charger that will provide 200 watts. Or use your current charger and just wait longer…..I’m not sure how much wattage your charger puts out.

I use a few of these chargers which I think are great but others may chime in……you do need a 200 watt charger to get those lipos charged in less than an hour.

IMG_0204.jpeg

cheers,
kev

Last edited:

I took this advice just a while ago and have not been disappointed. The Hota S6 seems to be excellent.

huauqui

7600mah=7.6 amps

Hota makes some of the best lipo chargers on the market. Their D6 models are very popular, and when I discovered they updated the D6 to the S6, I did a lot of research on the Hota brand.

I was sold on the D6+, but I couldn’t find one for less than $200. I was like wat?? So I kept searching. That’s when I found the S6 for $139. And I had to have it.

It’s such a great charger, very easy to use and the various charging screens are easy to read and understand. 400w on AC, and 650w on DC, very powerful charger.

I can’t recommend the Hota S6 enough, it is a great charger. If you end up getting one @22sglide, you will understand why people like Hota chargers as much as they do 😅

Whatever charger you choose, make sure it has sufficient cooling.
I had this 80W charger. It got freaking hot and eventually melted the + pole of.
Now i have the SkyRC T200. I got this one, because it has a huge fan in the back and vents on both sides. It hasn't gotten hot yet, simultaneously charging my 8000mah packs in both 3S and 4S. Charging takes about an hour from 3.3V to 4.2V per cell.

IMG_20230801_122247211.jpg

IMG_20230801_122314482.jpg

IMG_20230801_122418282.jpg

IMG_20230801_122426419.jpg

What lipos did you buy, yea that would be at a 1c rate.. you could go higher depending on the lipo, but 1c is what most do
SMC High Cycle Life HP
Whatever charger you choose, make sure it has sufficient cooling.
I had this 80W charger. It got freaking hot and eventually melted the + pole of.
Now i have the SkyRC T200. I got this one, because it has a huge fan in the back and vents on both sides. It hasn't gotten hot yet, simultaneously charging my 8000mah packs in both 3S and 4S. Charging takes about an hour from 3.3V to 4.2V per cell.

View attachment 314705

View attachment 314706

View attachment 314707

View attachment 314708
Okay, Ill remember that. Thank you

Confused about chargers? This thread has me confused about math! :unsure:
Lolz…..
The math ain’t hard. The OP asked about requirements. For all intents and purposes, a 200 watt per channel charger should provide most dudes on here enough wattage to charge most lipos.

I should have added a link to the thread "Recommend Me A Charger" here on the forum. It is older so new info can be found towards the end. However, if you read it from the beginning you will get answers to a lot of your other questions about what makes a charger great.

hauqui

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back