Battery fixed it’s self

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashTillBroken

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Coming around to lap you AGAIN….. (Oregon)
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Senton 3s
Had a battery that had a cell die a while ago kept it for some reason grabbed it today on accident and the cell is back alive any ideas why pinched cord etc?
68547C91-65FE-4FF2-BA56-04993CBAEB28.jpeg

It has been charging and it lost a cell again I’m so confused
95488478-8360-4FCC-8EDD-A1A681B7CD8B.jpeg

Got it charging again I think it’s a kink in the wire but it’s not visible

Last edited:
Probably had a bad connection last time. I connected a lipo to the charger last week and it had one cell off by quite a bit. Checked it with a lipo checker and was all good. Reconnected it to the charger and also fine. Re-reconnected 😄 to the charger for another check it still OK.

Probably had a bad connection last time. I connected a lipo to the charger last week and it had one cell off by quite a bit. Checked it with a lipo checker and was all good. Reconnected it to the charger and also fine. Re-reconnected 😄 to the charger for another check it still OK.
Yeah but I tried it on different chargers but it works so I’m not complaining

Those stupid internal BattGo "Smart" chips inside the Smart lipos are known to be glitchy and fail. Too delicate IMHO, for hard shock impacts, especially with bashers.
This is the main weak link with all Smart lipos. (n)

With a plain old Dumb Lipo, usually when a cell fails, it is done.

The balance leads/JST connector can also fail easily, no matter the lipo.

Last edited:
I have my battery chargers chirping at me every so often too.. I've got some SkyRC knockoffs, Hota's and now a "smart" S2100..
Usually it's a bad connection at the balance plug, dirt, corrosion etc. I'll unplug and reconnect the balance lead a few times, which usually clears things up.
Occasionally I have a cell that's too low.. I'm a cowboy with these things ,so..not advocating of course but🤷‍♂️🤠
What works for me if a pack or individual cell is too low and the charger refuses to start is, plug the battery into the charger without the balance lead, give it say 5 minutes at normal amperage, then stop, connect balance lead and resume balance charging. The S2100 is new to me.. not sure if it'll work without the balance lead connected or not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back