Infraction Battery question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan10R

Rich Duperbash wannabe
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 6s
16148812018486725746468727283346.jpg

So just picked up new infraction. And guy at the hobby store said it be fine to run it on just 1 6s instead of 2 3s battery's? Does it matter and if you can run on just 1 6s battery what side of the rig should I put it on?

Pretty sure 2 3s batteries will give you better chassis balance but you can still run 1 6s if you want.

Or if it has the space you could run 2x 6s in parallel, for twice the run time

Or run 2 of the 6s packs in parallel and run twice as long ;)
I think running two 3s packs will double the run time as well... doesn't running two 6s packs make it 12s? I don't think the ESC can take that much.

that depends how you run them
in series 2x 3s become 6s or 2x 6s becomes 12s (Voltage increases)
in parallel 2x 3s stay at 3 s but doubles the run time (increases mah) and same with 6s

take a look on youtube for the differences between the two.. too much involved to explain here tbh but the above is the basics of what you will get

I've been running 1ea. 6S on all my rigs, no issues. I keep it on the side with the ESC for easier access, no notable difference if it's on the other side.
Running 2 ea. 6S would be too heavy for bashing unless you use smaller mAh.

To run 2 ea. 6S in parallel you would have to change the wiring as shown above.

Only real benefit of running 2ea. 3S is truly only if you have use for them in a 3S rig as well.

I've been running 1ea. 6S on all my rigs, no issues. I keep it on the side with the ESC for easier access, no notable difference if it's on the other side.
Running 2 ea. 6S would be too heavy for bashing unless you use smaller mAh.

To run 2 ea. 6S in parallel you would have to change the wiring as shown above.

Only real benefit of running 2ea. 3S is truly only if you have use for them in a 3S rig as well.
Thanks bro. I have bunch of 6s batters but I was j/w because it has 2 battery trays so didn't know if it was a must to run 2 3s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back