Notorious bearing compatibility

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakeaowen15

Reaction score
i need to replace the bearing the goes by the outdrive on the rear diff and the dimensions for that is 8x16x5. and i have a bearing for the main input gear that’s similar it’s a 8x19x6. would this bearing that’s bigger work for my rear diff or does it have to be the exact size as the one before.

i need to replace the bearing the goes by the outdrive on the rear diff and the dimensions for that is 8x16x5. and i have a bearing for the main input gear that’s similar it’s a 8x19x6. would this bearing that’s bigger work for my rear diff or does it have to be the exact size as the one before.
Bearings are sized to fit the housing they are in and the shaft/fitting they drive. If what you need is 8x16x5, then nothing else will substitute unfortunately.

Here you go >> https://jimsbearings.com/collections/8x16x5

Bearing have their Inside Diameter (ID), Outside Diameter (OD) and Width (W).

So you cant use the 8 x 19 x 6 as - The inside diameter is fine but you would have to widen the bearing holder exactly and then deepen it by 1mm. Which aint worth it for a $1-$2 bearing.

As Hector stated, if you need a 8 x 16 x 5 then that is the part you need. Nothing else will fit. Grab one of those. Super cheap and great bearings.

Last edited:
Bearings are sized to fit the housing they are in and the shaft/fitting they drive. If what you need is 8x16x5, then nothing else will substitute unfortunately.
Here you go >> https://jimsbearings.com/collections/8x16x5

Bearing have their Outside Diameter (OD), Inside Diameter (ID) and Width (W). As Hector stated, if you need a 8 x 16 x 5 then that is the part you need. Nothing else will fit. Grab one of those. Super cheap and great bearings.
ok thanks guys

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back