Outcast Bearing reccomendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha again not surprised... But i can 100% assure you that your results are negligible here, those are amazing servos. I feel like if you were a PC tech youd run into dead mobo's and PSU all the time. I almost never did back in those days. But it is super common to get a bad PSU, esp 20 years ago. :ROFLMAO:

Yup online reviews for ya, forum or not, its only really reported when its bad... IRL i don't know anyone that has had bad luck with cheap amazon bearings or with those winter bearings. Just people online ill never see or meet "statistics" basically in my book.

It's all in the luck of the draw. No single product is going to be 100% perfect, it's likely impossible to be, everything is going to have some sort of flaw or defect. But most of the time these flaws or defects will go unnoticed for the products entire life.

I've built so many computers over the past 25 years I actually lost track and somehow I have never had anything be doa or die shortly after building. All failures have occurred after years of use. 🤷

It's all in the luck of the draw. No single product is going to be 100% perfect, it's likely impossible to be, everything is going to have some sort of flaw or defect. But most of the time these flaws or defects will go unnoticed for the products entire life.

I've built so many computers over the past 25 years I actually lost track and somehow I have never had anything be doa or die shortly after building. All failures have occurred after years of use. 🤷
Agreed, im just usually way way on the lucky side with everything in life not just products. But yes everything has defects, but not everyone sees them. Like recalls on cars. Some people are pleagued with buying bad "lemon" cars, even brand new. Me with the same car, its a dream to own haha...

Thats good on the PC parts haha, I was just messing with ya anyway on that one.

Only things that are trash for me but not for others is the Arrma 3s line those blue Amazon servos and rpm a arms.
Case in point, my vendetta is amazing no issues, got it for $200 brand new on sale, beat the living crap out of it almost every weekend for a pack or two. Flawless car for me and the luck struck again with that car and the price. My friend has the typhon 3s and its an absolute blast, can skatepark it and its as good as any run of the mill RC. She loves her 3s typhon, one of her favorites and shes got at least 25 grounders, and prolly 50 flight vehicles, mainly planes. The 3s typhon puts a smile on her face every time. And on mine.

I def agree about ur luck on those, just somehow got bad ones, but i honestly have no clue how, just replace the bad parts and have the amazing 3s everyone else has. You should be able to make it the same as everyone elses dirt cheap just by fixing the few small issues. My luck is, i could buy it off you for $50, fix a few things and have a amazing car for ever.

Last edited:
Agreed, im just usually way way on the lucky side with everything in life not just products. But yes everything has defects, but not everyone sees them. Like recalls on cars. Some people are pleagued with buying bad "lemon" cars, even brand new. Me with the same car, its a dream to own haha...

Thats good on the PC parts haha, I was just messing with ya anyway on that one.

Case in point, my vendetta is amazing no issues, got it for $200 brand new on sale, beat the living crap out of it almost every weekend for a pack or two. Flawless car for me and the luck struck again with that car and the price. My friend has the typhon 3s and its an absolute blast, can skatepark it and its as good as any run of the mill RC. She loves her 3s typhon, one of her favorites and shes got at least 25 grounders, and prolly 50 flight vehicles, mainly planes. The 3s typhon puts a smile on her face every time. And on mine.

I def agree about ur luck on those, just somehow got bad ones, but i honestly have no clue how, just replace the bad parts and have the amazing 3ds everyone else has. You should be able to make it the same as everyone elses dirt cheap just by fixing the few small issues. My luck is, i could buy it off you for $50, fix a few things and have a amazing car for ever.

The only things still stock on the Typhon 3s are the steering bell crank, the center driveshaft, the one remaining diff, wing mount and the rear bumper. I've tossed so much money at that thing I could have bought 2 Slashes and upgraded them. I'm so over it at this point it's not even worth my time boxing it up and shipping it out.

The only things still stock on the Typhon 3s are the steering bell crank, the center driveshaft, the one remaining diff, wing mount and the rear bumper. I've tossed so much money at that thing I could have bought 2 Slashes and upgraded them. I'm so over it at this point it's not even worth my time boxing it up and shipping it out.
I gotcha man haha, and absolutely don't blame you. I've seen the issues you have had with it and feel for ya.

Back