Outcast Bearing reccomendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManiacMac!

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I need some new bearings for my Noto, but I don’t wanna spend $30 on Fast Eddy bearings. Do y’all got any recommendations for a decent brand that sells a full set for $20-$25?

Avid Revolution Bearings.

Has anyone ever tried these?
https://jimsbearings.com/products/arrma-mojave-6s-blx-exb?_pos=1&_sid=43580f942&_ss=r

do they come with enough grease in them or did you need to add some?

TRBRC, Jims or Fast Eddy are my go to for bearing kits. Or when buying in bulk if one doesn't have the size I need one of the others will have it. As these guys don't check or regrease the bearings themselves it is a good idea to give the bearings a good spin and test to see if they have any grease in them, they don't really need a whole lot though too much and it just blows out the seals. You will be able to tell if the bearing doesn't have grease in it.

Yes, I could tell the TRBRC ones I have were plenty good out of the packaging. Much better than stock.

I like Jim’s, he’s even put kits together for me before anyone else had a kit for a new model.

I've used about everything in the book. Honestly you can just caliper your bearing and get a pack of even the cheapest possible ones on amazon work just fine. If I buy a brand its TRB RC. But in all honesty bearings are replaceable and now days the cheap ones on amazon are as good and expensive ones. Kinda like servos now, you don't need a $80 savox anymore. $20 to $30 servos are totally fine.

I've used about everything in the book. Honestly you can just caliper your bearing and get a pack of even the cheapest possible ones on amazon work just fine. If I buy a brand its TRB RC. But in all honesty bearings are replaceable and now days the cheap ones on amazon are as good and expensive ones. Kinda like servos now, you don't need a $80 savox anymore. $20 to $30 servos are totally fine.

I have terrible luck with servos, the $20 ones seem to last forever in my 1/10 scale rigs but those $30-40 servos only seem to last 2-3 packs before they go full potato and just start wigging out.

I have terrible luck with servos, the $20 ones seem to last forever in my 1/10 scale rigs but those $30-40 servos only seem to last 2-3 packs before they go full potato and just start wigging out.
Well heck that is unlucky :ROFLMAO: , that exact one that i linked i currently have 7 of and have had a total of 13 to date, 0 issues a couple are years old.

Were the potato ones EcoBoosts, ive not heard of many dying and I've had 100% luck with 13 now.

I bought some random bearings from them once worst bearings I've ever seen the gaps between the seals were so big in some that you could see through the bearing.

Well heck that is unlucky :ROFLMAO: , that exact one that i linked i currently have 7 of and have had a total of 13 to date, 0 issues a couple are years old.

Were the potato ones EcoBoosts, ive not heard of many dying and I've had 100% luck with 13 now.

Yeah I have like 6 or 7 of the 20kg DS3225MG servos some are like 5 years old now, the blue DS3235sg servos are the ones that keep dying so I gave up on them.

I bought some random bearings from them once worst bearings I've ever seen the gaps between the seals were so big in some that you could see through the bearing.

Yeah I have like 6 or 7 of the 20kg DS3225MG servos some are like 5 years old now, the blue DS3235sg servos are the ones that keep dying so I gave up on them.
I gotcha so not the nice fully aluminum, steel geared, amazing JX ecoboosts that i posted hahahaha. I thought you meant you had JX's go out, that would be as rare as a $200 MKS going out, and I got 4 of those. That would be a bad day if I had a MKS go out.

I’m surprised to hear that, I’ve never had an issue with them. I buy them because they’re cheap and my bearings constantly get wet. I blow them out and oil them, but I do end up having to replace them fairly often.

I’m surprised to hear that, I’ve never had an issue with them. I buy them because they’re cheap and my bearings constantly get wet. I blow them out and oil them, but I do end up having to replace them fairly often.
Its ok hahah, it is super common i see @slick2500 come in and say something is trash for him that everyone else has good luck with... hahaha

Sorry slick for all the bad luck, just in general... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: You at least say it like a gentlemen, "its bad for me" Not just its BAD!!

Yeah esp if you get bearings wet, use the absolutely cheapest you can get as water ruins them all fast and the same haha.

I gotcha so not the nice fully aluminum, steel geared, amazing JX ecoboosts that i posted hahahaha. I thought you meant you had JX's go out, that would be as rare as a $200 MKS going out, and I got 4 of those. That would be a bad day if I had a MKS go out.
I had one of those JX Ecoboosts die on me after like 3 packs too.

Its ok hahah, it is super common i see @slick2500 come in and say something is trash for him that everyone else has good luck with... hahaha

Sorry slick for all the bad luck, just in general... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: You at least say it like a gentlemen, "its bad for me" Not just its BAD!!

Yeah esp if you get bearings wet, use the absolutely cheapest you can get as water ruins them all fast and the same haha.

Only things that are trash for me but not for others is the Arrma 3s line those blue Amazon servos and rpm a arms.

This was like 5 years ago so maybe they changed to a better supplier since then idk.

I've seen a few others having the same issue with some of the cheap Amazon bearing kits too.

I had one of those JX Ecoboosts die on me after like 3 packs too.
haha again not surprised... But i can 100% assure you that your results are negligible here, those are amazing servos. I feel like if you were a PC tech youd run into dead mobo's and PSU all the time. I almost never did back in those days. But it is super common to get a bad PSU, esp 20 years ago. :ROFLMAO:

I've seen a few others having the same issue with some of the cheap Amazon bearing kits too.
Yup online reviews for ya, forum or not, its only really reported when its bad... IRL i don't know anyone that has had bad luck with cheap amazon bearings or with those winter bearings. Just people online ill never see or meet "statistics" basically in my book.

Back