Big Rock Bearing issue... What would cause this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just not worth it to be honest. For as often as they need to be replaced and the abuse they take it will get expensive fast. Normal rubber sealed bearings are about $1 each while a good ceramic bearing will set you back about $10-20 each.

Newbie question as well...what I am researching some say the seal can melt in the motor on sealed bearings so to use metal bearings like the ones JimBearings sells for the 3S models....

Newbie question as well...what I am researching some say the seal can melt in the motor on sealed bearings so to use metal bearings like the ones JimBearings sells for the 3S models....

Sounds like they were talking about standard sealed bearings, that is one reason you shouldn't use them in a motor the other is the bearings themselves were not designed for the high speeds of the motor. Motor bearings are designed different than standard bearings and the sealed ones use low contact seals to prevent this. I use TRBRC hybrid ceramics in all of my motors and I have never had the seal melt.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back