Senton Anyone know what this means?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CusBuster

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Help trouble shoot my Senton 3s, does anyone know what is wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

My eyes are not so good. Is the drive shaft turning or just vibrating?

Sounds like the gears are stripped and/or backed out. Check to ensure the mesh is good and slipper clutch is set right.

Does it go if you actually give it some throttle?
Looks to be cogging to me. My big rock is terrible for it if I'm only slightly trying to move. I pretty much run wot or nothing so it's never bothered me 🤣

It does look all stock to me so there is no way you cooked the motor specially with a fan and heatsink. Take out the power module/motor and open it up. Send us a picture of what you see and there MIGHT be something wrong with the gears. If so, cheap fix so not a big worry. Video attatched just incase you need extra help!

When you do have the power module out, ensure the truck moves/rols smoothly on the ground and isnt locked up.

Time to pull it apart and investigate.

If the battery is indeed fully charged and good it could be something is bound up in the drivetrain, bad motor bearing (check for shaft play), bad ESC, and a whole bunch of other things.

I took it apart and everything worked great but then it stopped and the yellow wire from the motor burned up. Does this mean my motor needs to be replaced? Sorry if these are stupid questions,this is my first Arrma.

I took it apart and everything worked great but then it stopped and the yellow wire from the motor burned up. Does this mean my motor needs to be replaced? Sorry if these are stupid questions,this is my first Arrma.
Same thing happened to me.

Take a picture of the motor wire. Is it burned from the inside of the motor? Is there black spots of the motor bullet connector?

Same thing happened to me.

Take a picture of the motor wire. Is it burned from the inside of the motor? Is there black spots of the motor bullet connector?
Here’s some pics

IMG_3693.jpeg

IMG_3692.jpeg

IMG_3691.jpeg

From what I have heard these motor wires have a coating where cutting and soldering wont make a great connectorion like it did from factory.
You have a couple options in my opinion.

You contact horizon hobby and try to get a replacement motor under warranty. Could have been a bad solder connection from the start

You upgrade to a hobbywing quicrun or ezrun system.

I would contact horizon first.

From what I have heard these motor wires have a coating where cutting and soldering wont make a great connectorion like it did from factory.
You have a couple options in my opinion.

You contact horizon hobby and try to get a replacement motor under warranty. Could have been a bad solder connection from the start

You upgrade to a hobbywing quicrun or ezrun system.

I would contact horizon first.
I purchased it from Amazon, is horizon still an option?

I would just solder that back on and test it. (y)
Be sure to clean up the connection as well (I see it has some soot on it), I use a small jewelers screwdriver to spread the prongs just a little to make sure it has a nice tight connection.

Could have been dust, shock, who knows, it happens sometimes.

If one phase has a bad connection it will totally do that.

If it doesn't work after that, the ESC or motor might be bad, You could contact Horizon if you feel like a component is defective.

Last edited:
I purchased it from Amazon, is horizon still an option?
Possibly. Give it a shot tomorrow morning by either calling or live chatting. If nothing works out and you are really in a pickle then I have an extra motor. I have it from my first senton I got in 2018. Let me know how it goes. If nothing goes to plan you can have my motor. Just gotta cover shipping.

Possibly. Give it a shot tomorrow morning by either calling or live chatting. If nothing works out and you are really in a pickle then I have an extra motor. I have it from my first senton I got in 2018. Let me know how it goes. If nothing goes to plan you can have my motor. Just gotta cover shipping.
I appreciate it but I can’t take another mans motor, I can go to the shop tomorrow and get one.
Really nice of you to offer, you have all been very helpful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back