Best detail brush on paint?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4Mojave4S

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave 4s
What's the best detailing brush on paint?

Want to paint my driver and navigator (black lexan) and some molded styrene detail parts.

I've got some Tamiya acrylic bottles that have worked in the past, also have used Tamiya TS spray paints sprayed out into the cap and then brushed on. The TS paint seems to flow and cover easier with less paint...suggestions please?

If this is for one time only, get or or two cheap brushes, google ‘paint brush model’.
If you want quality stuff have a look at Winsor&Newton, which IMO is a bot of overkill to paint the heads of an RC,

Thanks, I've got small model brushes of various sizes. Mojave4s and UDR detailing, I like how the Tamiya TS paints turned out and some of the same colors are available in small brush on bottles. I've used their acrylic bottles to brush on rc crawler plastic parts, but not on polycarbonate, which from my reading says to use PS paints...and maybe the acrylics?

Thanks, I've got small model brushes of various sizes. Mojave4s and UDR detailing, I like how the Tamiya TS paints turned out and some of the same colors are available in small brush on bottles. I've used their acrylic bottles to brush on rc crawler plastic parts, but not on polycarbonate, which from my reading says to use PS paints...and maybe the acrylics?
I’ve also had the best luck with Tamiya paints by far. As far as the TS vs. PS, the polycarbonate paint works for RC bodies because it bonds to the lexan (polycarbonate) and also remains somewhat flexible and pliable when it dries, so it doesn’t flake off when the body flexes. I wouldn’t think that would be much of a concern with the cockpit and the helmets. I’d go for it, but I also have a history of learning from my own poor decisions at times. 😊

Back