Kraton Best Kraton 6s lipo batteries?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobs1811

Reaction score
Purchased a used Kraton 6s v5 (upgraded) which included two Spektrum 5000mAh 6S 100C lipo batteries (little use). Do you think CNHL Racing Series 90c or Turnigy Graphene Panther 6S 75C lipo batteries would be perform any better than the Spektrum lipos? Was just wondering since they are on discount currently. Still have stock Firma 150A Brushless Smart ESC / 2050Kv Sensorless Motor Combo installed

Racing series 90c is junk.
Panther 75c might be ok? I heard they are not what they used to be years ago.
I believe the CNHL 70c is the same cells and better.

If you want the "best" look at what SMC has that has the right dimensions.
Also Onyx rc power system is great. I really like their 6600 LHB packs if they will fit this application?
https://www.onyxrcpowersystemsusa.com/products/ops-6600-6s-100c-200b

Depends ...... some people like the 'smart' stuff....... I didn't opt for that ..... I don't own any Spectrum batteries, so I can't say...... but the CNHL I DO have (not racing series) are great for me.... heard some good things about Turnigy...... doubt you could go wrong, especially on sale

Will they perform BETTER? Maybe. Hate to say it but I doubt they are worse...... Tweak your punch settings in your ESC.....that will help a little bit.

Also depends on what ya wanna spend......

If ya wanna fall in the rabbit hole of 'what the 'best' battery is'...... search this forum (Recommend me a battery , for example....)

I own two Spectrum batteries 4S 100c and charger that I got when I bought my 6S Kraton off facebook marketplace.
They are not bad Batties and are lite weight but I would not buy them. My big issue is no balance lead so I can’t check cells but they do perform well.

Racing series 90c is junk.
Panther 75c might be ok? I heard they are not what they used to be years ago.
I believe the CNHL 70c is the same cells and better.

If you want the "best" look at what SMC has that has the right dimensions.
Also Onyx rc power system is great. I really like their 6600 LHB packs if they will fit this application?
https://www.onyxrcpowersystemsusa.com/products/ops-6600-6s-100c-200b
I will say best in terms of long life, low cost, and cells always balance you cant beat CNHL 70C

I will say best in terms of long life, low cost, and cells always balance you cant beat CNHL 70C
Only problem is the weight. Those 70c CNHL batteries have the most punch out of all my batteries including their 10AH series. If I had the balls to do it, I’m pretty sure my 100lb monster truck could do a standing backflip on 12s with those batteries with the punch turned up. Grenading a transmission with all that torque gets expensive. I put it on its lid way too many times using the Max4 combo with the punch set to a factory default of 5 and those 70c CNHL running 12s.

Only problem is the weight. Those 70c CNHL batteries have the most punch out of all my batteries including their 10AH series. If I had the balls to do it, I’m pretty sure my 100lb monster truck could do a standing backflip on 12s with those batteries with the punch turned up. Grenading a transmission with all that torque gets expensive. I put it on its lid way too many times using the Max4 combo with the punch set to a factory default of 5 and those 70c CNHL running 12s.
The top tier Onyx or SMC would really break some stuff then ;)

I did a test with a 42" RC mono hull boat.
1.) Jims Ace 50c 6s 5500mAh it ran just ok at 66 mph.
2.) CNHL 70c 6k packs and it ran 80 mph (huge improvement)
3.) Onyx 6600 LHB packs and hit 90 mph. (current IMPBA world record for a mono hull is 91 mph)

Zero changes other than the LiPos. There would be a small difference in weight and the boats balance point, but otherwise no changes were made.

3.) Onyx 6600 LHB packs and hit 90 mph. (current IMPBA world record for a mono hull is 91 mph)

Zero changes other than the LiPos. There would be a small difference in weight and the boats balance point, but otherwise no changes were made.
Boat Race Apache GIF by Véhicule

Those batteries are nice but I’d rather have two cnhl then one Onyx for the same cost. If I was racing that might be a different matter.

That gap between a 9/10 RC vehicle and 10/10 is always double in cost and up to the average home price in the US when you get really crazy with your fighter jet. My wallet likes me at 9/10 and below so I try to stay away from the extremes.

Those batteries are nice but I’d rather have two cnhl then one Onyx for the same cost. If I was racing that might be a different matter.

That gap between a 9/10 RC vehicle and 10/10 is always double in cost and up to the average home price in the US when you get really crazy with your fighter jet. My wallet likes me at 9/10 and below so I try to stay away from the extremes.
Like I say.....depends on what ya wanna spend. If you wanna go all out, open the pocket book and dump it out. Maybe some of us have deep pockets or willing to spend that, but I wanna keep my wife of 25 years happy as we go on our Silver Anniversary trip - a month in a condo in the Yucatan Peninsula..... (away from Cancun, just off the beach)

HEY !!!! WHAT DYA SAY TO THAT @Hammer Down !!!!! Mid January to mid February ...... I might think about ya while we are gone .....:devilish::devilish::cool::ROFLMAO::devilish:

Nothing wrong with buying quality....or if you chose - high quality, or even HIGHEST quality. They all end up in the garbage someday. Just depends on priorities and your budget. I try to stay 'middle of the road' myself - stay away from cheap junk, but get something decent that will last & won't interfere with other things in life

(Maybe I'm the only one on some form of budget ? :unsure: )

I can see why @LibertyMKiii does what he does..... he is a speed guy.... to get noticeable results like that..... it does matter in those instances....

Personally, if I had a boat going that fast .....

boat GIF

I can see why @LibertyMKiii does what he does..... he is a speed guy.... to get noticeable results like that..... it does matter in those instances....

Personally, if I had a boat going that fast .....

boat GIF

I do that sort of thing some times too....

Purchased a used Kraton 6s v5 (upgraded) which included two Spektrum 5000mAh 6S 100C lipo batteries (little use). Do you think CNHL Racing Series 90c or Turnigy Graphene Panther 6S 75C lipo batteries would be perform any better than the Spektrum lipos? Was just wondering since they are on discount currently. Still have stock Firma 150A Brushless Smart ESC / 2050Kv Sensorless Motor Combo installed
Did you try twin Zeee 5200 mAh? I use it and it gives my kraton wheelies above half throttle.

Depends ...... some people like the 'smart' stuff....... I didn't opt for that ..... I don't own any Spectrum batteries, so I can't say...... but the CNHL I DO have (not racing series) are great for me.... heard some good things about Turnigy...... doubt you could go wrong, especially on sale

Will they perform BETTER? Maybe. Hate to say it but I doubt they are worse...... Tweak your punch settings in your ESC.....that will help a little bit.

Also depends on what ya wanna spend......

If ya wanna fall in the rabbit hole of 'what the 'best' battery is'...... search this forum (Recommend me a battery , for example....)
+1
Smart stuff is not that Smart. It's just Spektrum Fluff. Just adding another layer of liability if anything. Not necessarily better performance at all. Dumb lipos rule.(y)
Tweaking the Punch setting up or down a notch will get you some better performance and run time, depending on the cell quality and C rate of the lipo's in question.

I have some of those....they have treated me well, especially for the money .... use in my Mojave
Zeees are great for their pricepoint. As long as you get what you pay for, and are good with it, its a win. Been thru several. Have 2 remaining.
My AMZ 6k mah 120c Sypoms are my current budget 6s soft Packs . Doing fine thus far. I tried 2 of them, liked them enough to get 2 more of the same. Great cells for the price. Fitting my 6s lipo trays perfectly for their size/capacity.
If you are willing too ignore the Connector type and willing to solder on your own, you can open yourself up to a wider selection of lipos at decent pricing. Sometimes a certain connector type will inflate the price of an otherwise identical lipo pack. Not sure why. Maybe supply and demand of a certain more popular Connector causes higher pricing? Otherwise the packs are identical. I will gladly solder on my own connector and while saving some good coin.
A good idea to learn how to solder for this reason. I am into XT90's and the S versions. (spark arrestor type) All my stuff is 6s.

Last edited:
Nice! Did you try them in your Kraton yet?
nah - the Kraton is 8S - have CNHL 4S brix for that ..... they do well, especially when on sale.

Agree with @SrC - well - pretty much about everything, but this time about soldering...... allows me to chose my own connectors if they aren't already installed from factory (it happens at times)

When I want to tear up the sod in my yard...... the K8 will / has done it.....

Last edited:
I use the CNHL Racing Series 90C batteries in my Kraton 6s. These batteries power my Castle MMX 8S and 1717 1650kv motor to performance heights I never could have imagined: I had to turn the punch down to keep the Kraton from backflipping with normal throttle input.

I use the CNHL Racing Series 90C batteries in my Kraton 6s. These batteries power my Castle MMX 8S and 1717 1650kv motor to performance heights I never could have imagined: I had to turn the punch down to keep the Kraton from backflipping with normal throttle input.
Which mah batteries?

I like cnhl packs the best. I have 8000mah and 6200mah and honestly prefer the 6200 pack. Also I have RC battery 5000mah packs which were good at first but not my fav.
IMG_6468.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back