Mojave Is the Mojave the best handling off road 6s vehicle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QLynxer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Mojave
  4. Outcast 6s
I love my Mojave’s handling, especially compared to my outcast with big tires.

Never driven a typhon or Kraton, how do those compare handling wise?

Here’s clip of me at my back yard track. This is how I like to drive, drifting and sliding around corners like how I imagine a rally driver would. Would a typhon or Kraton be better suited for this style of driving?

Nice lil' video. I think you could find quite a few truggys, buggies, and SCTs that would drive to your liking, but it would depend largely on how you set up the suspension, TX, and especially the tires. That Mohave is taking all the guesswork and tuning out of it, it suits you well.

My Mojave is definitely the best handling of all my rigs. Love the soft suspension, and the fact I can gun it without worrying about wheelies or flipping over.

Is a Tailon considered off road?

I have never owned or driven a Mojave, but I would like to.

Between my 6S Typhon and Talion EXB, the Talion wins for me offroad fast, handles, and turns well for offroad. Typhon is great as well but the lower clearance limits heavy offroading for me. Kraton EXB has it's own pleasure different from these two.

I agree with most, the Typhon is the best handling rig by far in my stable. The Mojave is awesome, but it’s definitely an apples to oranges comparison. If I drove the Mojave in the same manner I drive my Typhon it would roll constantly and tumble frequently. The Mojave takes more skill and finesse, but once you’ve mastered it the whole SCT experience gets really, really fun.

Take a Typhon and change out the Hubs, Axles & Hexes to Kraton spec parts increasing Track by @ 1 1/4" there stability vastly increases even further :p

thumbnail.jpg

I have never owned or driven a Mojave, but I would like to.

Between my 6S Typhon and Talion EXB, the Talion wins for me offroad fast, handles, and turns well for offroad. Typhon is great as well but the lower clearance limits heavy offroading for me. Kraton EXB has it's own pleasure different from these two.
If you ever get the chance to run a 4s Mojave you will instantly be sold. Mark my words.

For me, my best 6s handling offroad vehicle isn't an Arrma - it's a Corally Radix 6. It's similar to a Typhon 6, but it comes from the factory with better electronics (think rebranded Hobbywing Max8 ESC upped to 185A plus a 25kg servo), and handles like a dream. I wouldn't do 30-foot jumps with it, but that's not what is designed for: it's more of a nimble track car that can still be bashed. Total cost of my Radix6 was $399 after sale price and coupon, which included shipping via two-day FedEx. The Radix6 won't replace my heavily modified Kraton 6s for heavy bashing, but the Radix is a lot more fun to drive.

Radix side view.jpg

For me, my best 6s handling offroad vehicle isn't an Arrma - it's a Corally Radix 6. It's similar to a Typhon 6, but it comes from the factory with better electronics (think rebranded Hobbywing Max8 ESC upped to 185A plus a 25kg servo), and handles like a dream. I wouldn't do 30-foot jumps with it, but that's not what is designed for: it's more of a nimble track car that can still be bashed. Total cost of my Radix6 was $399 after sale price and coupon, which included shipping via two-day FedEx. The Radix6 won't replace my heavily modified Kraton 6s for heavy bashing, but the Radix is a lot more fun to drive.

View attachment 354973

Well if we’re gonna go there….

IMG_9781.png

😅🤷🏻‍♂️

Bottom line is that if all categories are open; you’re not gonna beat a buggy, or truggy in the 1/8 off-road handling department.. Smooth track? Buggy. Rough track? Truggy. Simple as that.

Well if we’re gonna go there….

View attachment 354975

😅🤷🏻‍♂️

Bottom line is that if all categories are open; you’re not gonna beat a buggy, or truggy in the 1/8 off-road handling department.. Smooth track? Buggy. Rough track? Truggy. Simple as that.
I have the truggy segment covered with my Corally Muraco (think Talion). I have Sweep Racing Road Crusher tires on it for now (pic below) for running on pavement, but when the area I normally run in dries out and isn't so muddy, I have a set of dboot Katar T belted tires for offroad use.

Muraco with Sweeps Road Crushers.jpg

I have the truggy segment covered with my Corally Muraco (think Talion). I have Sweep Racing Road Crusher tires on it for now (pic below) for running on pavement, but when the area I normally run in dries out and isn't so muddy, I have a set of dboot Katar T belted tires for offroad use.

View attachment 354978

Not stealing thunder AT ALL; was just saying if the rules changed, the answer gets a whole lot easier lol.. Good lookin’ Corally brothaman 🤙

Back