Fireteam Best protective coating for r/c car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loyal316

Reaction score
What is the best all over protective coating for my Arrma r/c car?

Something that I can spray the entire car with to protect against rust, dirt, add water displacement and lube general moving parts while making it easier to remove dirt and grime when cleaning it?

Are any of them safe for the electronics (Esc, servos, motor, etc)

I am considering these options :
Boeshield T9
Moo-Slick
Superlube Silicone Spray
MucOff 94
Maxima SC1
CRC Electrical Silicone
Blaster Silicone Spray
Dupont Non-Stick Dry Film Lubricant
Dupont Silicone Surface Safe Spray

On the body I use ceramic coating. Everything else nothing. But to clean a small boars hair brush and simple green. Then blow everything out , and then my heat gun for maybe 30 seconds.

What is the best all over protective coating for my Arrma r/c car?

Something that I can spray the entire car with to protect against rust, dirt, add water displacement and lube general moving parts while making it easier to remove dirt and grime when cleaning it?

Are any of them safe for the electronics (Esc, servos, motor, etc)

I am considering these options :
Boeshield T9
Moo-Slick
Superlube Silicone Spray
MucOff 94
Maxima SC1
CRC Electrical Silicone
Blaster Silicone Spray
Dupont Non-Stick Dry Film Lubricant
Dupont Silicone Surface Safe Spray
Electroseal spray dries clear can put it on everything from electronic circuitry to nuts and bolts.

Silicone spray or wd40 silicone works fine. Only use it if I’m doing a major cleaning and repair. Lightly spray everything except electronics, tires, and body. I’ll either hang it to dry or give it a quick wipe down.

Looks like some are dry lubes are silicone and some PTFE. Which is better? Are both safe to use?

wd40 and silicone spray has always worked for me. no rust on my cars and run in all weathers

Best protective coating?

A few layers of construction foam on the outside of the body would protect it really well. In the "looks" department it unfortunately does not score so well. :unsure: (y)😋
(never tried it myself)
Afterthought: Maybe some paint may help to make it look like a giant mushroom.

Once tried something similar with a shark but I think I would not do it again. (Rig ended up top-heavy otherwise would have been fine, I think 😋 :ROFLMAO: )

20230211_191245.jpg

Last edited:
Back