Kraton How should I clean my rc car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/how-do-you-clean-your-rc.1978/

FYI, the search button in the upper right is your friend (y) IDK what "proper' etiquette is around here, but personally I spend a couple minutes searching for a particular topic before creating a new thread. Seems more efficient than having multiple threads on the same issue.

Maybe more seasoned members have differing opinions, who knows.

I use a Karcher OC3 to ‘gently’ jetwash the car with the help of some MuckOff.
Then I get rid of most of the water with an air compressor.
Let it dry a bit and use some GT85 as a final step.
Seems to keep things clean and dry, ready for the next session. 👍😃

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/how-do-you-clean-your-rc.1978/

FYI, the search button in the upper right is your friend (y) IDK what "proper' etiquette is around here, but personally I spend a couple minutes searching for a particular topic before creating a new thread. Seems more efficient than having multiple threads on the same issue.

Maybe more seasoned members have differing opinions, who knows.
+1
Yeah that tends to be a loaded question. A thousand ways guys feel is best for cleaning them.
Many threads in regards and why you do it a certain way .......only For you to decide.

>> Me personally I don't make them super "out the box clean" in certain areas. And Not because I am lazy. Over cleaning can have its drawbacks. Cleaning in general is important. Done carefully. But also a little dirt hurts nothing at all, except maybe your ego.:giggle: These are Toy RC Cars. Meant to get dirty.
OP needs to do an AF search

I remove the body, and wheels I blow all the dirt off using a compressor. inside and out. I then spray the chassis and all, with Armor all. and I wipe it clean with a good disposlable micro wipe. . When I am happy, I do it again. I pay attention to the bearings, as well. Do not get the esc wet. After I get it clean, I blow it dry with a compressor. Not saying it right, that's just how I do it. 🏁

@J_hero6 loaded questions good replied above. The topic goes so many ways. Even RC videos on that get subjective in the comments.

I have an office visible to everyone where my rigs site on shelves, as well as Zoom calls, so I'm a little OCD since they are in view for all those. Me, extra work is cool but not for all for sure, overkill.

@J_hero6 loaded questions good replied above. The topic goes so many ways. Even RC videos on that get subjective in the comments.

I have an office visible to everyone where my rigs site on shelves, as well as Zoom calls, so I'm a little OCD since they are in view for all those. Me, extra work is cool but not for all for sure, overkill.
How do you clean them?

How do you clean them?

I use water and simple green. I clean mine almost identical to the AJ Jam video. Not a nutball with the water nor in the electrics. Air dry them with a shop fan really good. Then I silicon everything (no electronics), so no rust, silicon spray bearings, and any moving joints, run it lightly on the bench, then shelf them for show.

I can do all that pretty fast, but not for everyone.

I would NOT recommend water unless you are an OCD person like me. For the average RC'er, I tell them not to.

I remove the body, and wheels I blow all the dirt off using a compressor. inside and out. I then spray the chassis and all, with Armor all. and I wipe it clean with a good disposlable micro wipe. . When I am happy, I do it again. I pay attention to the bearings, as well. Do not get the esc wet. After I get it clean, I blow it dry with a compressor. Not saying it right, that's just how I do it. 🏁
What works for you , and you know that the ESC and BB's can get trashed easily if all is over cleaned. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back