Big Rock Big Rock "complaint" ;) (spoiler - this thing is solid!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diggery

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
I love working on things. I used to work on all my own cars (road going) until under bonnet was all plastic mouldings and laptop connections, so I got a motocross bike that I loved working on as much as ripping through the dirt. That recently went to a new home, so I got a Big Rock to drive, bash and work on.

I've had RCs before that barely last a session and need more tinkering that running to the point it killed the fun and the bank account.

I got it in February and loaded up with spares - A arms, shock shafts, oils, greases etc.

Well, despite being a less than average driver and putting around 30+ packs through it, I've not had anything to do on it at all other than keep an eye on gear mesh, check there's no binding or damage, and charge the LiPos. So much for something to work on! ;)

Badly landed flips, many cartwheels of death, high speed collisions with solid object and it just comes back for more!

All I changed was the servo and that was simply because I read the stock one fails so rather than keep a good spare, the upgraded one went in and stock is spare. The JX Ecoboost is far stronger and faster, I like it.

Finally, after a weekend of serious sends, I have bent a shock shaft! At last, the push I needed to fully tear it down. As well as shocks, the diffs will get a freshen up, mesh and slipper set, all links and arms checked and a deep clean.

It's an awesome truck! That's all! Thanks :)

You've got the right attitude!

I was the complete opposite, a reluctant wrencher. When I had a dirt bike it never got the maintenance it deserved. My first couple of RCs were the same.

Now I'm doing routine tear downs to ensure I get more longevity out of my vehicles and the more I wrench the more I enjoy it. Hell last night I removed a perfectly good rear diff just to give it a clean and add some grease to the crown gear. Power module was pulled apart and thoroughly cleaned.

I drive pretty much everyday in all weather types so I needed to embrace regular maintenance.

It's going to run sweet, just given a pretty good going over - new shock shaft fitted and all shock fluid changed, diff oil replaced, all driveshafts loctited (front were loose), ride height fine tuned, turnbuckles checked (some way off - been like that from the factory!), evened up camber, increased toe out...

YES! Pillow balls all worn out. Get the tools out again! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back