Vendetta This Thing is AMAZING!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I didn't like the body at first but came to appreciate the look as well as the functionality of it. Plus, it's very strong. Got run over twice already and still looks good 👍

I love the enthusiasm dude! Good stuff!

I love the enthusiasm dude! Good stuff!
Thanks bro! I just got back from another run after installing the 27t pinion instead of the 29t and got up to 92mph but it kept cutting out.

Gave Horizon a call and they said it's a known programming issue with that Mojave 4s esc and will be sending me out a replacement! Talk about customer service.

I was just about to give up and call 98.6mph my PB but now who knows! 😁

Thanks bro! I just got back from another run after installing the 27t pinion instead of the 29t and got up to 92mph but it kept cutting out.

Gave Horizon a call and they said it's a known programming issue with that Mojave 4s esc and will be sending me out a replacement! Talk about customer service.

I was just about to give up and call 98.6mph my PB but now who knows! 😁
Those customer support reps don't know....
You could gear down and not have that issue, which shows the ESC is fine.

The problem is the ESC has protection built in and you are hitting amperage cut. All Ready To Run ESCs have amperage limiting to help make the ESC survive extreme punishment. In fact just about all ESCs have amp limiting except for Castle Creations models designated for this sort of thing like the MMX8s and XLX2.

To push past 100mph you may be able to get past the amp limiting with a slow and gentle throttle application, but in general your next big purchase will need to be a Castle ESC.

Also cheap LiPos voltage sag really bad and will hit LVC. Better LiPos will likely be your 2nd next purchase after the ESC.

I have a video comparing 3 LiPos and the speeds I could pull with data logs from the castle ESC.

The problem is the ESC has protection built in and you are hitting amperage cut. All Ready To Run ESCs have amperage limiting to help make the ESC survive extreme punishment. In fact just about all ESCs have amp limiting except for Castle Creations models designated for this sort of thing like the MMX8s and XLX2.

To push past 100mph you may be able to get past the amp limiting with a slow and gentle throttle application, but in general your next big purchase will need to be a Castle ESC.

Also cheap LiPos voltage sag really bad and will hit LVC. Better LiPos will likely be your 2nd next purchase after the ESC.

I have a video comparing 3 LiPos and the speeds I could pull with data logs from the castle ESC.

Absolutely +1. You need to look at Castle ESCs if it's speed you're after. Spektrum & Hobbywing for bashing, Castle for speed running. The Copperhead 10 isn't too expensive, is 4s capable, and should be able to power that Vendetta past 100mph. Of course there are bigger & better Castle ESCs that you could and should look into, just giving you a very basic starting point.

I appreciate your thoughts here but I didn't even have to explain much to them about the esc, he said it's a known programming issue.

I'm just finding out now because I wasn't using it before, I went straight to 6s on my Mojave 4s.

I just went back to my other posts to update as well as some YouTube videos because others were having the same issues.

And FWIW, my goal here for the V. is to have a low budget 100mph car with stock components (attained on a sketchy runway). So for this, Castle is out of the equasion unfortunately. I know I could easily Surpass 100 with bigger stuff. 😁

I appreciate your thoughts here but I didn't even have to explain much to them about the esc, he said it's a known programming issue.

I'm just finding out now because I wasn't using it before, I went straight to 6s on my Mojave 4s.

I just went back to my other posts to update as well as some YouTube videos because others were having the same issues.

And FWIW, my goal here for the V. is to have a low budget 100mph car with stock components (attained on a sketchy runway). So for this, Castle is out of the equasion unfortunately. I know I could easily Surpass 100 with bigger stuff. 😁

Makes sense. Try working on a slow progressive throttle pull and that should help a ton.
Also warming up the LiPos helps.

I'll try this. Thanks.
By warming up LiPos, you mean like by campfire, right? 🤔
Defroster in your 1:1 car works good. Takes about 25-30 mins to get them heated well in my 1:1 car but yours could be different.
I use an IR temp gun and try to get them up at 110F or so.

Defroster in your 1:1 car works good. Takes about 25-30 mins to get them heated well in my 1:1 car but yours could be different.
I use an IR temp gun and try to get them up at 110F or so.
Woah, imma try that. I mean, I'm not that afraid of LiPos anymore 😶

I appreciate the tip (pause) bro.
😂

Back