Big Rock Big Rock Shock oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cjones85

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
It’s probably been said on here somewhere already but what’s everybody running for shock oil in Granites/Big Rocks? Stock shocks

It’s probably been said on here somewhere already but what’s everybody running for shock oil in Granites/Big Rocks? Stock shocks
I can't remember off the top of my head bity they list it on the Arrma website. I want to say 45wt.

Edit: 40wt as per Yonic ?

Last edited:
I use 35 weight.

I use 35 weight.
I put 35 in the front because that’s all I had at the time. Seems a bit under dampened to me for much jumping. I was thinking about trying 45 or 50. Maybe I’ll just get a variety from the hobby shop and do some experimenting

I put 35 in the front because that’s all I had at the time. Seems a bit under dampened to me for much jumping. I was thinking about trying 45 or 50. Maybe I’ll just get a variety from the hobby shop and do some experimenting
Let us know what you like once find out.

I’m no suspension expert but I just put typhon a arms on it so I THINK that since the shocks are farther in from the outside of the arms, heavier wt oil will be better but idk we’ll see

I run 50wt on all four corners, but I am not using the stock shocks on my BRCC. I also am running Typhon 3S a- arms.

Quick update. I put 50wt in all four shocks and seems to handle a bit better. I then stripped my rear ring gear so...more testing to come

im running 50wt in all four corners of my 3s bigrock and its definitely to heavy.

I've got 50wt in my granite, and I like it when landing jumps, but not so much when just driving around. I eventually swapped out the springs for some slightly stiffer ones as well just to help absorb some of the shock from landing. If you like to see your truck fly, I don't think 50wt is a bad choice. I don't think it is optimal for getting great car control on the ground though.

I can't remember off the top of my head bity they list it on the Arrma website. I want to say 45wt.

Edit: 40wt as per Yonic ?

Where on Arrma's site is this listed? I don't see it under the pre-assembled shock part, the exploded view of the truck, the parts list or anywhere else. I believe you that it's 40wt, I'm just curious why I can't find it listed anywhere.

It's on the spec page, at the bottom of the "GIGA" site
Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 7.15.34 PM.png

i'm going to have to start experimenting i think. My BR isn't stock and has many upgrades making it heavier (m2c motor mount, Outcast 4s chassis brace) plus i've also changed the tires to badland MX 28's and added the proline shocks. I've also glued the hell out of the body so there is a lot more weight come to think of it.

I'm using 45k shock oil and can see that the body is sitting too low, might need to stiffen the suspension by going something closer to 75 - 95k.

haven't jumped it properly yet as todays test was purely about checking i got the slipper clutch tuned correctly, which it is i think, doesn't wheelie on command but does it if you gun the throttle - that's how i like my cars to perform.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back