Black Corvette (*VADER 3.0) Stretched Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V3.0 Teaser pic before the sun goes down 😃

5EECEF60-D087-4B47-BDEF-A0AA6A1A53D9.jpeg

I balanced the tires and finish up a few loose ends today on it.

DE0548A4-B21C-42E1-AADC-887655ACFAEF.jpeg

EA6CCA67-02F9-4628-9687-A299889D33F8.jpeg

As soon as I get a clear day with temps above 50 I’ll take it out for its first pass on 4s (geared 90-ish)
Did you fabricate that rear spoiler out of lexan?
Yes

Last edited:
@Mr.Duke I'm going to ask because I don't think anyone else has, what are those wheels/tires.???

Are they like Felony different heights or are they just different widths....🤔

They’re the new PowerHobby belted 1/8 Gripper tires. Same diameter front and rear but 42/100 front and wider 54/100 rear.

View attachment 191454

https://www.amazon.com/Powerhobby-Gripper-Mounted-Infraction-Limitless/dp/B09HWZ12LM

I’m running narrower Senton 6s arms and dog bones in the rear to tuck them under the rear fenders.
I’ve got a couple sets but haven’t had them on pavement yet. Just curious how they balanced out and also, what do you think their speed capabilities are?

I’ve got a couple sets but haven’t had them on pavement yet. Just curious how they balanced out and also, what do you think their speed capabilities are?
No idea on the speed capabilities but I’ll usually start to see internal belt failures on hoons a little north of 100mph so hopefully these will be closer to GRP failure speeds. Gonna find out on 6 and 8s.
As far as balance, they came out better than expected with 2 needing no weight added anywhere. One only needed a piece of gorilla tape the size of my thumbnail and the other one took 3 that size to balance out perfectly. I’ve had about 1 in 8 GRPs that I’ve had to use as burnout/drift tires because they were too out of balance for my liking.

You make the best murdered out creations. Sleek, stealth and wicked. Who cares if they go fast when they look like they're going 150 standing still!
That’s the truth🤟🏼

You make the best murdered out creations. Sleek, stealth and wicked. Who cares if they go fast when they look like they're going 150 standing still!
I can’t seem to get away from the all black fast vehicle thing. My first car was a blacked out limo tinted 5.0L mustang back in the early 90’s that was eventually one of, if not THE fastest around my area.

I’m still a sucker for the sleek all black look 30yrs later 😎

I blame these two from my childhood 😂

817C7010-BFA4-4431-82CF-D3EFA531DFAC.jpeg
4991301D-00A5-441C-9297-DD873EC66079.jpeg

I can’t seem to get away from the all black fast vehicle thing. My first car was a blacked out limo tinted 5.0L mustang back in the early 90’s that was eventually one of, if not THE fastest around my area.

I’m still a sucker for the sleek all black look 30yrs later 😎

I blame these two from my childhood 😂

View attachment 191518View attachment 191519
Can't forget this guy.
knight-rider-retro-sci-fi-tv-678x381.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back