Kraton Blue Kraton 6S wont be available anymore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is neon orange for the 6s line I've seen it on the 8s but not really neon color

Hello,
I just want to confirm with you guys the information that I received from a shop that I contacted in Europe asking for the blue Kraton 6S V4. I received their reply saying that:
"You asked to be notified when the product ARRMA Kraton 6S 4WD BLX Monster Truck Blue/Black 1:8 RTR becomes available again. Unfortunately, the product is permanently out of stock and will no longer be available for sale. Contact us if you’d like us to help you find a replacement for the out-of-stock product. "
They have the red available but no blues anymore :/. In the meanwhile I was able to order the last one in stock from another shop :D.
But its weird for me, having one colour and not the other. I think that here in Europe they all order their Arrma stocks from European HorizonHobby.
Have you heard about this?
Thanks
With the way stock/parts have been lately I’d buy a brand new truck with no body included, I’d buy one with a pink and rainbow unicorn body, as long as they actually have stock.

I will also order the M2C chassis and center braces as soon as they are available. Expensive upgrades, but I think it will save me alot of issues :D

While you're at it, you could consider a rear shock tower and rear shock tower brace if you have the money.

The stock rear shock tower bends really easily on the Kraton. If you're lucky, you can bend it back, but it's a pain to remove and re-install.

The rear shock tower brace is not required with the shock tower, but it is a very good upgrade that protects the bulkhead.

Blue RCs are awesome. Glad I got mine when I did if this winds up being true. I did see that Horizon updated shipping on the Blue version to late June. Red version now says TBD.

IMG_9430.JPG

While you're at it, you could consider a rear shock tower and rear shock tower brace if you have the money.

The stock rear shock tower bends really easily on the Kraton. If you're lucky, you can bend it back, but it's a pain to remove and re-install.

The rear shock tower brace is not required with the shock tower, but it is a very good upgrade that protects the bulkhead.
Thank you for the hints FlipSide (y) . I think that when Im done with the upgrades it will almost cost the same as the car :/, bt I already knew that this was an expensive hobby :D. The most expensive will be the M2C parts but according to what I have read I think it will worth it :D. I was thinking in upgrading the servo to a 25Kg do you gys thik its enough or its better a 35kg. I will try some cheap ones at first, I read some good things about these ones, the DSServo3225 and DSServo3235

Nothing Wrong if they Do V5 soon, New better 6s line with 160a Smart setup.
And maybe couple other changes.

Spectrum have okey ESC, 160A one is okay.
they don't have 4285 motor with 2000.-2200kv yeat ?
sOON we hope :)

Thank you for the hints FlipSide (y) . I think that when Im done with the upgrades it will almost cost the same as the car :/, bt I already knew that this was an expensive hobby :D. The most expensive will be the M2C parts but according to what I have read I think it will worth it :D. I was thinking in upgrading the servo to a 25Kg do you gys thik its enough or its better a 35kg. I will try some cheap ones at first, I read some good things about these ones, the DSServo3225 and DSServo3235

25kg will be fine.

Yes, I am getting there as well with the upgrades. So far, I have a DX5C Tx, Savox 1210SG servo, GKA Ackerman plate, servo mount and chassis braces, and M2C chassis, rear shock tower and shock tower braces. I also have a few other bits from M2C that I haven't installed yet. I'll probably wait until the rest breaks before I upgrade...that is unless I get a PPS motor mount for the bling factor (and totally awesome design), but the V4 motor mount is fine IMO.

Not all upgrades are expensive however. One of the best upgrade you can make on the V4 Kraton is to add two 1/2" c-clips to the V4 servo saver. It costs a total about 2$ and completely changes the steering of the truck.

25kg will be fine.

Yes, I am getting there as well with the upgrades. So far, I have a DX5C Tx, Savox 1210SG servo, GKA Ackerman plate, servo mount and chassis braces, and M2C chassis, rear shock tower and shock tower braces. I also have a few other bits from M2C that I haven't installed yet. I'll probably wait until the rest breaks before I upgrade...that is unless I get a PPS motor mount for the bling factor (and totally awesome design), but the V4 motor mount is fine IMO.

Not all upgrades are expensive however. One of the best upgrade you can make on the V4 Kraton is to add two 1/2" c-clips to the V4 servo saver. It costs a total about 2$ and completely changes the steering of the truck.

Where can you get these 1/2” c clips??

Where can you get these 1/2” c clips??

Home Depot or any places like that. If you need a tutorial, check out the East Tactics youtube channel. He has a nice video explaining how to do it. I strongly recommend using c-clip pliers to put them on. Once the c-clip are on the hexagonal part at the bottom of the servo saver, you use a socket to push it all the way so that it sits nicely between the servo saver spring and the aluminum hex.

Home Depot or any places like that. If you need a tutorial, check out the East Tactics youtube channel. He has a nice video explaining how to do it. I strongly recommend using c-clip pliers to put them on. Once the c-clip are on the hexagonal part at the bottom of the servo saver, you use a socket to push it all the way so that it sits nicely between the servo saver spring and the aluminum hex.
Great! I’m going to try this, since I’ve been underwhelmed with the steering performance. Doesn’t seem to have turning strength at speed, even with a strong servo. Hope this helps!! I sorta wish they kept the v3 adjustable design. And the whole steering post design is actually pretty horrible.

Great! I’m going to try this, since I’ve been underwhelmed with the steering performance. Doesn’t seem to have turning strength at speed, even with a strong servo. Hope this helps!! I sorta wish they kept the v3 adjustable design. And the whole steering post design is actually pretty horrible.

It will completely change the steering performances. I have a pic in my build thread if you want to see what the c-clips look like installed.

The vid from East Tactics

25kg will be fine.

Nice idea with teh clips :D (y)
hmm, I saw some carbon fire shock towers, what do you think its better the 7075 alluminum or the carbon fibre towers for bashing?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back