Kraton Bluetooth module woes? - No more throttle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doolin64

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Infraction 4x4
I have a 1 run old Arrma Kraton 6s EXB. Out of the box, I was not happy with the steering or the punch. It steered way tighter in one direction than the other. I picked up an ESC programmer adjusted by settings. At the same time, I added the Bluetooth module to my DX3. Of course the software was too outdated for my phone so I used an old Android tablet. This only half worked, I was never able to get the app to display car information. Giving up on that process Bluetooth module, I removed it and I went back to go run my truck. At this point I found out the DX3 no longer had any throttle response. I tried recalibrating it twice with no luck. I also noticed the DX3 only beeps for the steering trim when you get it to center. The throttle trim will not beep no matter where you move it to.

I swear I have a rain cloud over me for electronics.

I swear I have a rain cloud over me for electronics.
Don't worry this is really a software problem and the actual electronics are doing what they are designed to do.

It "shouldn't" make a difference but .... I would remove the BL module out of the controller. It might be doing something dumb, like looking for a host.

Then double check all you connections to the receiver, rebind and re-calibrate. Basically start over.

Don't worry this is really a software problem and the actual electronics are doing what they are designed to do.

It "shouldn't" make a difference but .... I would remove the BL module out of the controller. It might be doing something dumb, like looking for a host.

Then double check all you connections to the receiver, rebind and re-calibrate. Basically start over.
Is there a way to reset it all? Or I just start with a rebind?

I may have made some progress. But it wasn't until after I encountered where chimes and actions from my DX3 and the ESC. At one point I had runaway acceleration and had to pull the battery to get it to stop. By the time I was done, it appears I have control of steering and throttle from my bench test. It was late so I didn't bring it outside to test.

Back