Senton BLX100 ESC blinking red light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tankman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi,
I have a Senton BLX 3S I bought back in November. The truck ran well at first, but it was run in a little bit of rain and the next time I went to use it the esc just blinks red indicating overheat mode. This was my mistake.
I did an RMA on the ESC and I just received after about 3 months of waiting. However, the new BLX100 is doing the exact same thing. I managed to get it almost barely running by adjusting the throttle trim on the remote but it only crawled.
I have two SMC 2S battery packs and am wondering of they could be the issue but I balance charged them and check their voltage with a Lipo checker. They did sit around for a couple months, can't remember if they were discharged properly. I also unplugged esc from motor to try to rule that out but the same blinking red.

Hi,
I have a Senton BLX 3S I bought back in November. The truck ran well at first, but it was run in a little bit of rain and the next time I went to use it the esc just blinks red indicating overheat mode. This was my mistake.
I did an RMA on the ESC and I just received after about 3 months of waiting. However, the new BLX100 is doing the exact same thing. I managed to get it almost barely running by adjusting the throttle trim on the remote but it only crawled.
I have two SMC 2S battery packs and am wondering of they could be the issue but I balance charged them and check their voltage with a Lipo checker. They did sit around for a couple months, can't remember if they were discharged properly. I also unplugged esc from motor to try to rule that out but the same blinking red.
Did you plug it into the receiver in the right direction and channel? 1 to turn 2 to burn black to the outside edge.

The led will blink at different rates depending on what is wrong and off the top of my head I can't remember what blinks mean what.

Make sure your throttle trim is centered before you turn on the radio, this will cause problems as well.

I rebinded the radio and changed the trim. I think my original ESC is fine. I'm new to electrics and feel kinda bad now they sent me a new one. I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to test. I have bought two outcasts that seemed less finicky.

I rebinded the radio and changed the trim. I think my original ESC is fine. I'm new to electrics and feel kinda bad now they sent me a new one. I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to test. I have bought two outcasts that seemed less finicky.
Did you make sure that everything was plugged in right?

Yes white with on inside black on outside, correct? Servo on channel 1, ESC on channel 2. Thank you. I feel a little stupid.

I need to run 3s, I was expecting more power after the outcast. Not a fair comparison I know.

Going to put a better servo on. Would like to put aluminum shocks on next and upgrade to a futaba radio for all my models. Really loving Arrma. My buddy got a Tekno short course but I'd like to see how far you can take this platform.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back