Granite Stuck full speed when off or one also has blinking red light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4s out cast

Reaction score
So I have a granite brushless when I plug the battery in it's full speed no matter if the esc is on or not so tryed unplugging the motor to turn it on and reset the controller then plugged it back in and still stuck full speed and if I hit the trigger all it happens is a fast blinking red like and still suck full speed

So I have a granite brushless when I plug the battery in it's full speed no matter if the esc is on or not so tryed unplugging the motor to turn it on and reset the controller then plugged it back in and still stuck full speed and if I hit the trigger all it happens is a fast blinking red like and still suck full speed
What radio are you running? Also have you tried to calibrate the ESC? Unplug your motor wires, hold down the small button, and power up the ESC. Don’t let off of the small button until you have a steady flashing light on the ESC. Then press the small button once, pull the trigger to full throttle, press the small button again, then go to full reverse, and press the button again, then release the trigger. Turn it off, then plug in your motor and turn it back on. See if that works.

What radio are you running? Also have you tried to calibrate the ESC? Unplug your motor wires, hold down the small button, and power up the ESC. Don’t let off of the small button until you have a steady flashing light on the ESC. Then press the small button once, pull the trigger to full throttle, press the small button again, then go to full reverse, and press the button again, then release the trigger. Turn it off, then plug in your motor and turn it back on. See if that works.
I can not locate the small button it's all stock the esc says mega on it and it's red

17046022142518792082898738642330.jpg

I can not locate the small button it's all stock the esc says mega on it and it's red

17046022142518792082898738642330.jpg

Attachments

• 1704602326461806028745542118272.jpg
    1704602326461806028745542118272.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 15
Ahh that's the Granite Mega "brushed", usually what you are experiencing is a bad ESC.

Time for a brushless upgrade? 😀

Last edited:
Possibly but haven't gone that route I have this one for the kids and it's not to fast and easy to control but by the sounds I may just have to. Do u have any recommend any brushless set ups?

Possibly but haven't gone that route I have this one for the kids and it's not to fast and easy to control but by the sounds I may just have to. Do u have any recommend any brushless set ups?
How old is the unit? If you have (or can get) the purchase receipt I am betting Horizon will help you get the esc replaced (US warranty is 2 years).

Sounds like brushed is working out for you but they are known to not last as long as brushless.

If you leave your RC stock and do not upgrade to the brushless slipper clutch ($$) you will want a timid brushless system. Maybe something like this: https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/quicrun-wp-10bl120-combo-g2?variant=40838717407347

That system is an good value imo (thank you Hobbywing).

The smaller combo with the 3652 3250kv motor has the 3.175mm motor shaft so you can even re-use the pinion from your old motor.

This is a 2-4s ESC designed for lithium batteries, I think you can disable LVC "low voltage cutoff" and use a NIMH battery but if you already have 2S Lipo's that would be the way to go.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back