Body magnet's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pestmar

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me what is the best way of glueing magnet's to a brand new freshly painted lexicon body without damaging the paint I realize this question has probably already been answered but can't find the answer anywhere
Just spent days getting the perfect paint job glued the magnets on with araldite worked great except two days later one has come off🤯
I think it's because the paint is so smooth and I can't bring myself to scuff it
Help please 🤞

Last edited:
Use some Shoogoo or E6000 ( Commercial Trade name for Shoogoo) Some say E6000 is a bit stronger. Many use this for Magnets on their bodies. Think Crawler rigs... Let the Shoogoo cure well!! Clean surfaces using alcohol is important.
Shoogoo won't react with the Paint. And magnet should stay Put if the paint was applied properly and adhered well to the body. No need to scuff the paint at all. You don't need to IMHO. You can also try your luck using the black Rubberized CA like BSI IC-2000. I've used it on strong Rare Earth magnets with success also.:cool:

Use some Shoogoo or E6000 ( Commercial Trade name for Shoogoo) Some say E6000 is a bit stronger. Many use this for Magnets on their bodies. Think Crawler rigs... Let the Shoogoo cure well!! Clean surfaces using alcohol is important.
Shoogoo won't react with the Paint. And magnet should stay Put if the paint was applied properly and adhered well to the body. No need to scuff the paint at all. You don't need to IMHO. You can also try your luck using the black Rubberized CA like BSI IC-2000. I've used it on strong Rare Earth magnets with success also.:cool:
Nice one thanks for that I'll give it a try

Agree with @SrC

I use shoe goo for magnets on my crawler bodies.

That being said, I hope you aren’t doing this for a basher. It won’t hold up.

Last edited:
^^^ Agree.
Yes for Bashing, I would never consider Magnets.
But that's your call.(y)
Magnets on Crawlers is done mainly for the Scale appearance. No body holes, pins, and clips visible, etc.
Those GPM's don't really look practical, Scale look wise or functionally speaking for Bashing use.

First paint job on a rc hody i think i did great cant wait to get some carbon fiber sode skirts n white grps

85A9382B-83DF-428B-B0EB-ABC0AFC9BC8B.jpeg

A3D93FEA-3D39-48BC-96E6-6DBBBCBF90C2.jpeg

CF88A80E-9121-439B-B1D8-613087DE3CF8.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back