Breaking M2C CVD Pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djrahbee

Send-Flip-Break-Fix-Repeat 🤙🏼
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Outcast 8s
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Infraction 4x4
Well, I was bending stock cvds and decided to go with the m2c big boys. First run broke rear pin doing wheelies on pavement. That was weeks ago. Finally, after getting the runaround, forgotten, my emails getting mixed up with "3 other people by the same name"...I got new cvds. Installed and broke another pin on first run. I haven't been able to get a full session in on the m2c cvds. I NEVER had a problem with the stock arrma pins, just bent shafts. I'm not landing on throttle or anything crazy that would cause this to happen imo. This isn't a easy fix especially the bigger cvds. I don't own a press or a vise big enough. What are you guys doing for this or is this another unique problem for me??

I have heard this happening inconsistently amongst members. I would reach out to M2C or if you are handy maybe press in a better pin. :cool:

(for the BLX diff's).
I believe the diffs are the same for blx and exb 8s rigs. And I'm not sure what you mean heat treat. Heating the metal would make them stronger?? I only know heat expands and cold shrinks..😁

Pardon, I meant pins for the 6S BLX diff's but I believe the pins would work fine for axles too.

Tempering is a heat treating process to make the metal harder (but also can make them more brittle). Seems like it might help the stock axles perform better.

Pardon, I meant pins for the 6S BLX diff's but I believe the pins would work fine for axles too.

Tempering is a heat treating process to make the metal harder. Seems like it might help the stock axles perform better.
Hmmmm alrighty then. I have some research to do..thanks! 👍🏼

Do you have the overkill driveshafts? I have the m2c overkills and I've never had this happen. I had problems with trenchers and stock driveshafts snapping.

Do you have the overkill driveshafts? I have the m2c overkills and I've never had this happen
Yes! Those are the ones breaking..🤷🏻‍♂️ Their site was sold out of pins recently so I know I'm not the only one breaking them.

Someone on here had really good luck with these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B3N36RCM
Yeh I have those in my saved items on ebay. I was hoping you would chime in with a solution.

1st break just doing a wheelie when it happened. Wheelie with an OC btw.
2nd break was jumping but not landing on throttle. Seems like they break way too easy. The stock ones lasted waaaaaay longer.

Last edited:
How do I keep posts from combining on this forum besides waiting an undetermined time? I haven't come across a situation where I wanted/needed to combine posts 🤬

Do you guys have droop screws in your 8s rigs?? I'm pretty sure that's what they are going to tell me I should have to prevent this. I asked when I first got my 8s Arrma's and couldn't find anyone who used them. Looked around on their site for droop screws and nothing. They also suggest using some sort of bump stop on the shocks which I down to try but never needed them before.

Screen Shot 2023-06-11 at 5.43.07 PM.png

How do I keep posts from combining on this forum besides waiting an undetermined time? I haven't come across a situation where I wanted/needed to combine posts 🤬

Do you guys have droop screws in your 8s rigs?? I'm pretty sure that's what they are going to tell me I should have to prevent this. I asked when I first got my 8s Arrma's and couldn't find anyone who used them. Looked around on their site for droop screws and nothing. They also suggest using some sort of bump stop on the shocks which I down to try but never needed them before.

View attachment 305250
Man I'm really surprised this is happening to you so easily. You aren't even using heavy ass trenchers either! You rocking a max 5? I forgot.

Man I'm really surprised this is happening to you so easily. You aren't even using heavy ass trenchers either! You rocking a max 5? I forgot.
Yeh max 5 and yeh I do have the Trenchers but would the weight of the tires do that popping wheelies on pavement? Not pulling full throttle either. And I will reiterate again..didn't happen with stock cvd's.
If the outdrive cups are hitting the pins, which I haven't determined to be the case yet, that may be the problem. It's what they warn against.
Just ordered 5 sets of pins from them..🙄

Screen Shot 2023-06-11 at 5.48.40 PM.png

Yeh max 5 and yeh I do have the Trenchers but would the weight of the tires do that popping wheelies on pavement? Not pulling full throttle either. And I will reiterate again..didn't happen with stock cvd's.
If the outdrive cups are hitting the pins, which I haven't determined to be the case yet, that may be the problem. It's what they warn against.
Just ordered 5 sets of pins from them..🙄

View attachment 305251
The fact it wasn't happening with stock is weird AF to me tbh. Using those tires while popping wheelies on the street is definitely what ultimately killed the stockers on my k8s. I also had an xlx2 with the punch turned up very high. I've not used trenchers on the k8s since and I lowered my punch a little while swapping to overkills and never had it happen again.

I know there is a big thread around here with people talking about this though. I remember a few people being unlucky with the m2c ones as well. Maybe you really need those droop screws lol. I think I only remember like one or 2 people even mentioning them around here though. All so weird man =(

Maybe you really need those droop screws lol. I think I only remember like one or 2 people even mentioning them around here though. All so weird man =(
Yeh I looked around a bit so I wasn't re-hashing an old issue but didn't see anything helpful. Guess I'll get droops and lower the punch by 1. Man I really want to get a triple bf with my OC!! 😜 Was riiiiiight there today when it happened...ugh 😝

I think my dad has a press and guess I'll go press the pins out/in myself 💪🏼 Thanks man!

Yeh I looked around a bit so I wasn't re-hashing an old issue but didn't see anything helpful. Guess I'll get droops and lower the punch by 1. Man I really want to get a triple bf with my OC!! 😜 Was riiiiiight there today when it happened...ugh 😝

I think my dad has a press and guess I'll go press the pins out/in myself 💪🏼 Thanks man!
those trenchers balloon so much you don't even need much punch tbh. I remember when I first started jumping with them I had to lower it because the kraton was doing doubles when I was trying to only do singles. poop was bonkers! definitely the best air control from any tire i've seen to date.

those trenchers balloon so much you don't even need much punch tbh. I remember when I first started jumping with them I had to lower it because the kraton was doing doubles when I was trying to only do singles. poop was bonkers! definitely the best air control from any tire i've seen to date.
I've got the diffs dialed in pretty good and only experience minimal ballooning..but yeh they are pretty soft.

Same thing happened to me this weekend. Pins snapped off one of the two M2C 310926B Overkills I had on rear axle. These things feel and look indestructible, but clearly are not. I think one has to be very mindful of binding given the thickness vs. stock.

I had 10+ runs on these before pins snapped. I did, however, change my driving pattern the day the pins broke. I hadn't done any jumps for a while so decided to try out a nearby soccer field that has a nice 1ft grass bump to control storm drainage. Jumped it about 5-6 times, then snap! The final jump went fine, but as I was coming around again I noticed I only had 3-wheel drive.

Droop screws are installed - I tested no binding on full shock extension after getting the M2C's. To test the other way, I pushed down so chassis dragged on the ground - again, no binding. I was also super careful about landing at neutral throttle. Again, my max "air" was no more than 1ft.

It can't be a coincidence this happened when I tried jumping again, but it's frustrating having no idea what I did wrong.

Edit: punch was set to 80% on the XLX2

Droop screws are installed - I tested no binding on full shock extension after getting the M2C's. To test the other way, I pushed down so chassis dragged on the ground - again, no binding. I was also super careful about landing at neutral throttle. Again, my max "air" was no more than 1ft.
Well dang that's what I was hoping would fix my issues. I have a Max 5 800kv and DO have the punch turned all the way up. That being said I hardly ever get to full trigger pull, especially right before a jump or landing 🤷🏻‍♂️
I would just admit if I thought it was my poor driving 🧐

Back