Breaking M2C CVD Pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think @Moirae ’s problem is the same as mine. Every 8s thread you guys come in bashing with no first hand experience just what you read on the internet. I can read a shitload on the internet about brain surgery, but if anyone came and actually asked me my opinion, I’d keep shut because the only thing I really know is what the internet told me.

It’s like some guys just get off on crapping on what other people want or are trying to do. Never “how can I help” just “I told you so”.

I think @Moirae ’s problem is the same as mine. Every 8s thread you guys come in bashing with no first hand experience just what you read on the internet. I can read a shitload on the internet about brain surgery, but if anyone came and actually asked me my opinion, I’d keep shut because the only thing I really know is what the internet told me.

It’s like some guys just get off on crapping on what other people want or are trying to do. Never “how can I help” just “I told you so”.
Im not bashing on them to be crap. He Is the one making it look like that. I have been pointing out known issues on these models since they got released. I try to be neutral. I love arrma but im not going to simp on every single thing they put out. I have never attacked or shamed anyone for owning such monsters. I try to find solutions to their issues when i find something new like a new part or something that can save people money on a fix im one of the first making a thread about it. I legit am on like 5 threads Of the 8s vehicles

We all watch the internet. We also decide what to buy from it. Sometimes influencers only show one side of the picture and not the other and when the person gets the product and drive it, turns out its not what the influencers made it look like to be. It can go both ways. Youtubers all trying to sell you something and don't look at the bigger picture. Even the littles ones they feel like they are all bought by banggood.

Here are my 8s thread replies in the pass 4 months. It all started on the “Arrma 8s new release” if i was a 8s hater i would be in every single 8s threads crapping on it like he claims i am
C25B1688-A9D5-431C-82A4-91B8517A584B.png
6F1587F5-059C-4270-BFF3-85253ADF43A1.png

Last edited:
Im not bashing on them to be crap. He Is the one making it look like that. I have been pointing out known issues on these models since they got released. I try to be neutral. I love arrma but im not going to simp on every single thing they put out. I have never attacked or shamed anyone for owning such monsters. I try to find solutions to their issues when i find something new like a new part or something that can save people money on a fix im one of the first making a thread about it.

Some people watch internet and decide what they want to buy Out of it. Sometimes they only have one side of the picture and not the other and when they get the product and drive it, turns out its not what the influencers made it look like to be. It can go both ways. I don't watch rc videos much anymore. All trying to sell you something and don't look at the bigger picture

They are known issues TO YOU. People don’t typically come on the internet to complain about how great something is, or how they’ve never had a problem with it. Usually someone messes something up from stupidity and then when they can’t get it warrantied or free parts out of the deal, they come complain. *I am in no way, shape, or form saying that is what is happening with the OP’s problems*

And then you guys latch onto it and think because a couple people complained, it is a junk platform and it is your responsibility to tell everyone. Nevermind the fact that you have zero experience besides what you read on the internet, and completely forget the fact that other people are on here saying the opposite nearly every day.

You complain. You complain about 8s rigs, you complain about the aftermarket, you complain about Traxxas killing the almighty Nero. These are TOYS, and after a while, people get sick of constant complaining.

They are known issues TO YOU. People don’t typically come on the internet to complain about how great something is, or how they’ve never had a problem with it. Usually someone messes something up from stupidity and then when they can’t get it warrantied or free parts out of the deal, they come complain. *I am in no way, shape, or form saying that is what is happening with the OP’s problems*

And then you guys latch onto it and think because a couple people complained, it is a junk platform and it is your responsibility to tell everyone. Nevermind the fact that you have zero experience besides what you read on the internet, and completely forget the fact that other people are on here saying the opposite nearly every day.

You complain. You complain about 8s rigs, you complain about the aftermarket, you complain about Traxxas killing the almighty Nero. These are TOYS, and after a while, people get sick of constant complaining.
I can understand where you are coming from. But again ima ask you this would you feel happy if a brand took down ur rc model? I made the thread about the aftermaket Because i felt they are becoming predatory to beginners. I own a 4s v2 and i know its issues. I have fixed its issues with 15$. The aftermarket went full on it trying to create expensive “upgrades” I feel its a money grab and a scam.

That my view and belief based on my experience of the vehicles they make upgrades for. A lot of people here comment on things they do not own or have experience with. How many people have replied to 3-4s thread not owning a 3-4s vehicle telling people to get the 6s if they want an arrma? Same For people who ask for the mega. How many people has ever owned a mega vehicle? People have the right to disagree with people. This is straight up turning into people trying to start beef and hatred towards one another and im not about that.

Last edited:
I can understand where you are coming from. But again ima ask you this would you feel happy if a brand took down ur rc model? I made the thread about the aftermaket Because i felt they are becoming predatory to beginners. I own a 4s v2 and i know its issues. I have fixed its issues with 15$. The aftermarket went full on it trying to create expensive “upgrades” I feel its a money grab and a scam.

That my view and belief based on my experience of the vehicles they make upgrades for. A lot of people here comment on things they do not own or have experience with. How many people have replied to 3-4s thread not owning a 3-4s vehicle telling people to get the 6s if they want an arrma? Same For people who ask for the mega. How many people has ever owned a mega vehicle? People have the right to disagree with people. This is straight up turning into people trying to start beef and hatred towards one another and im not about that.

The person you are describing who craps all over the 4s, 3s, Mega line with no experience is literally the same person who is crapping on the 8s line with you with no first hand experience.

The person you are describing who craps all over the 4s, 3s, Mega line with no experience is literally the same person who is crapping on the 8s line with you with no first hand experience.
I owned a typhon 3s, a big rock 3s a kraton 4s v1, an outcast 4s v1, a vendetta 3s and now an outcast 4s v2. My first arrma was a kraton 4s v1. i don't know about what he owned and didnt own. Idk how you think im buddy buddy with SRC We disagreed many times on a lot of things and because he shares a similar view than me he is now a simp?

I just checked and @SrC is the third most active member in the history of the Arrmaforum. And y’all going after him because he doesn't like the 8s line and you put me in the same boat. I thought this wasn’t a facebook group where people fight each other over opinions. Oh wait

Last edited:
Since joining forum last Oct I've only seen @Moirae offer friendly advice to others without judgement. Saying "I'm lucky" simply recognized that many others were having the issue. No need to read further into it.

I hope @SrC keeps posting in 8s threads given the loads of surface R/C hobby info I've learned from him so far.

@Matt05 offered me a ton of advice when I was blowing tires on my very first K8S runs.

Seems all good to me. Also, I promise everyone I won't ever "feel bad" if someone knocks my particular flavor of R/C toy car.

I owned a typhon 3s, a big rock 3s a kraton 4s v1, an outcast 4s v1, a vendetta 3s and now an outcast 4s v2. My first arrma was a kraton 4s v1. i don't know about what he owned and didnt own. Idk how you think im buddy buddy with SRC We disagreed many times on a lot of things and because he shares a similar view than me he is now a simp?

I just checked and @SrC is the third most active member in the history of the Arrmaforum. And y’all going after him because he doesn't like the 8s line and you put me in the same boat. I thought this wasn’t a facebook group where people fight each other over opinions. Oh wait
I concur.
We have bucked heads absolutely. But in the end we have the same passion for this hobby. And you have offered much informative help and ideas to others here. Including myself.
We have a common ground.
All that matters here.
Sounds like some of the pins may be "Too Tempered" to the point of being brittle?
M2C has acknowdeged that his metals have been Hardened more than the Stock. His upgrade technique with many parts, hence some pins shearing/snapping off. Get used to pressing in new pins. What I would do in this situation. Also worn output cups will exacerbate snapped pins. Need to upgrade cups to better Hardened ones while you are at it. This can happen to most any scale platform. Just that The 8s line is more prevalent.

Last edited:
Because I never purchased an 8s platform, doesn't mean I need any practical hands on exper. with them to know much about its design and flaws. They have been well documented here and elsewhere. Some issue's are that obvious to me. As I've mentioned before. Also, we all drive our RC's differently, so that one content 8s guy will have his say and others 8s guys will say the opposite. We all have differing expectations of our models and RC in general.
Would most challenge a Car mechanic when he tells you he is not a fan of a specific brand Car or brand for XYZ reasons. Just because he never owned one?
Same with an honest LHS. You go there with questions. And he tells you why one model is better or worse than the other, while never actually owning one himself.
I am that person with some degree of exper. But still take it with a grain of salt if need be. I don't pretend to be the final say at all.

If you really want an 8s, the EXB OC is still available. The Shorter Wheelbase makes it somewhat lighter. Possibly More durable, my guess. Buy a OCEXB. And I am sure there are K8S's floating around LHS's too.
The $700.00 OC8 EXB would have been my very first and only choice with the 8s line, if I absolutely needed to have one, to get it out of my system.
Just the 8s line has petered out. If it was anything that great and successful, HH would have kept it going. As logic has it.
Simply no demand for it now. Hype is gone, demand is nil.

Last edited:
Zero cost to fix?
Wow. I need an RC Tree that grows parts like that.:LOL:

I don't see any "I told you so here".
I only ever spoke on the 4s and 6s line. I rarely touched the 8s line or tried not to. Until you started getting offended and mad about my opinion recently on the 8s and u kept pinging me on the threads. My hobbyshop has a 8s on display they are amazing to look at my only negative comments to them was the weight because. They didnt get a tantrum over it
+1
If anything I am that Troll. Who doesn't believe in the 3s/4s and 8s line. I am the Simp.
6s line is Arrma's strong platform. There I said it....again.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I always risk getting flamed. But I am a big boy and handle the fall out.
In the end its all about what works for you. There are other brands of RC out there to choose from. Its good to get out of the Arrma Fanby Eco system mentality sometimes. There is an RC world out there. I stopped being a Fanboy of Any one brand many years ago. So if I sound critical of Arrma at times, so be it. Keeps Arrma on their toes. We expect the best from any brand, don't we?
If someone wants a recommendation or not, I give my opinion. And I back it up. If you are good at reading between the lines, you will find much accurate info in regards on the internet. The sponsored influencers don't count IMHO.
I am the Anti-Influencer.:LOL:
I wish there were more like me.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Zero cost to fix?
Wow. I need an RC Tree that grows parts like that.:LOL:
Yeh...zero as in free. As in spare parts someone gave me. As in I didn't pay for them 😎 Maybe you just need more friends that own 8s Arrma's 😂 I started this thread to learn more about other's problems and experiences with m2c pins/parts..not for people to ego trip and get all in their feelings. It's been entertaining but I don't want any part of that drama. ✌🏼

Yeh...zero as in free. As in spare parts someone gave me. As in I didn't pay for them 😎 Maybe you just need more friends that own 8s Arrma's 😂 I started this thread to learn more about other's problems and experiences with m2c pins/parts..not for people to ego trip and get all in their feelings. It's been entertaining but I don't want any part of that drama. ✌🏼
Glad I could entertain! I probably should have just put him on ignore but I really don't like to do that. It's crazy to me that some individuals can't fathom why people would be tired of hearing the same negative Nancy bs every other day but hey here we are. I think anyone who is so drenched in negativity probably doesn't have many real friends or anyone to really talk to. Life has to be a little easier if a mfer can smile and stop being so full of hate for expensive man toys. ☺

These are all Man Toys.
Pick your poison carefully is all I am saying.
It is very easy to bite off more than you can chew.:giggle:
And sometimes $Upgrade$ parts are not the answer.

Last edited:
Just bashed both yesterday. I enjoy them both equally ♥️ for different reasons. The Kraton is planted, especially with the hub extenders I have on it, and floats in the air. Really hard to flip it over when sliding around. The Outcast for obvious reasons, flips easier, wheelies on demand. The Kraton seems to land softer but think I need to experiment with different shock oils or pistons in the Outcast. For whatever reason the 8s backflips don't really flip well. I can't get a double with them on the Outcast. Had issues with the servo mount assembly and bell cranks on both rigs until I installed Vitavon. ANYTHING that's been broken was because of my hard driving style, big air, bad landings, ramp shavers, learning curve....and yes...because they are heavy. I believe the weight is part of the wow factor and plays a huge role in the planted-ness and the way they float in air. Been pretty happy with m2c until the big cvd's pins. They made me feel like they could do without my business so I won't be going to their site unless I have no other choice. I still have stock chassis on both fwiw.

They share a lot of parts. Arms, diffs, bulkheads, turnbuckles, steering components, towers, cvd's, bearings..etc etc. BOTH are EXB's. Gottem on sale...$420 for OC and $510 for the Kraton. Not only did I get a couple great deals I don't feel like I'm headed down some un-returnable rabbit hole 😂 I think these are big boy toys. I'm a 47 year old grown azz man and can handle my sht and whatever I decide to bite off. I appreciate the experience of others but don't let that make decisions for me. Educated guess...if I wasn't happy trust me you would have heard by now 😝

I got the 4s Outcast V2 and was upset it came with V1 plastic gears, then happy with warranty and bashing, then not happy breaking all the time, then sold it. As of now I'm happy and keeping my over weight 8s rigs! 💪🏼🤙🏼👍🏼 Kinda feel lucky I got them before the Kraton was discontinued and looks like the Outcast might be too 😎

I have 2 ramps, 45 and 30 degree. The Kraton launches off the 30 and just floats...foreva! The Outcast does too but, it prefers the 45 for more flips and stalls 💪🏼

There...I hate typing. I'm a pecker 🙄

I'll take that as an honest assessment. (y) I just feel they discontinued them for a good reason. And yes a deal is a deal. You did very well. (y) Like my FT, I would Not have purchase one if not for the Black Friday 50% discount. Felt the FT was way overpriced for what it was at retail price.
The 8s line were slow sellers, hence the discounts. FWIW. HH surely got much grief, warranty wise with them. Partly why they discontinued them??? IDK.

What is your opinion of the 6s line of Arrma's you have there?

I'll take that as an honest assessment. (y) I just feel they discontinued them for a good reason. And yes a deal is a deal. You did very well. (y) Like my FT, I would Not have purchase one if not for the Black Friday 50% discount. Felt the FT was way overpriced for what it was at retail price.
The 8s line were slow sellers, hence the discounts. FWIW. HH surely got much grief, warranty wise with them. Partly why they discontinued them??? IDK.

I love them as well! I had 2 6s Kraton's with me yesterday too. Both EXB, one converted to XL.

EDIT: Just got my CVD back from m2c and they just sent a new one instead of pressing a pin in my used one. I honestly thought they were just shipping it back unfixed after requesting it back. That was nice of them to do that 👍🏼 won a little loyalty back 😁

Glad I could entertain! I probably should have just put him on ignore but I really don't like to do that. It's crazy to me that some individuals can't fathom why people would be tired of hearing the same negative Nancy bs every other day but hey here we are. I think anyone who is so drenched in negativity probably doesn't have many real friends or anyone to really talk to. Life has to be a little easier if a mfer can smile and stop being so full of hate for expensive man toys. ☺
You seem to forget that you are the one who sparked this drama and has been bringing it up to a second thread. And ur the one hating on people not us. Already made it clear i don't hate the 8s vehicles many times. I berely ever spoke about the 8s line since its release. I replied to 4 threads on the 8s in the pass 4s months. 2 of them were a single reply on a question and the 2 others is this and the new 8s june release coming up.
Just bashed both yesterday. I enjoy them both equally ♥️ for different reasons. The Kraton is planted, especially with the hub extenders I have on it, and floats in the air. Really hard to flip it over when sliding around. The Outcast for obvious reasons, flips easier, wheelies on demand. The Kraton seems to land softer but think I need to experiment with different shock oils or pistons in the Outcast. For whatever reason the 8s backflips don't really flip well. I can't get a double with them on the Outcast. Had issues with the servo mount assembly and bell cranks on both rigs until I installed Vitavon. ANYTHING that's been broken was because of my hard driving style, big air, bad landings, ramp shavers, learning curve....and yes...because they are heavy. I believe the weight is part of the wow factor and plays a huge role in the planted-ness and the way they float in air. Been pretty happy with m2c until the big cvd's pins. They made me feel like they could do without my business so I won't be going to their site unless I have no other choice. I still have stock chassis on both fwiw.

They share a lot of parts. Arms, diffs, bulkheads, turnbuckles, steering components, towers, cvd's, bearings..etc etc. BOTH are EXB's. Gottem on sale...$420 for OC and $510 for the Kraton. Not only did I get a couple great deals I don't feel like I'm headed down some un-returnable rabbit hole 😂 I think these are big boy toys. I'm a 47 year old grown azz man and can handle my sht and whatever I decide to bite off. I appreciate the experience of others but don't let that make decisions for me. Educated guess...if I wasn't happy trust me you would have heard by now 😝

I got the 4s Outcast V2 and was upset it came with V1 plastic gears, then happy with warranty and bashing, then not happy breaking all the time, then sold it. As of now I'm happy and keeping my over weight 8s rigs! 💪🏼🤙🏼👍🏼 Kinda feel lucky I got them before the Kraton was discontinued and looks like the Outcast might be too 😎

I have 2 ramps, 45 and 30 degree. The Kraton launches off the 30 and just floats...foreva! The Outcast does too but, it prefers the 45 for more flips and stalls 💪🏼

There...I hate typing. I'm a pecker 🙄
The 8s tires barely balloon i believe that might be why.
wait ur v2 outcast 4s came with plastic diffs??

They are not going to be discontinued for long. I did speak with someone at arrma and he made it clear to me the exb isnt going away and that includes the 8s line. Idk about the RTR tho

Last edited:
You seem to forget that you are the one who sparked this drama and has been bringing it up to a second thread. And ur the one hating on people not us. Already made it clear i don't hate the 8s vehicles many times. I berely ever spoke about the 8s line since its release. I replied to 4 threads on the 8s in the pass 4s months. 2 of them were a single reply on a question and the 2 others is this and the new 8s june release coming up.

The 8s tires barely balloon i believe that might be why.
wait ur v2 outcast 4s came with plastic diffs??

They are not going to be discontinued for long. I did speak with someone at arrma and he made it clear to me the exb isnt going away and that includes the 8s line. Idk about the RTR tho
You seem to forget you bring your negativity to almost every thread you post in and this time your actions caused a reaction you didn't like. You can have the last word btw, If you are free to share your goonish opinion than I'm free to share my opinion on your opinions.

Back