Build in progress, will attempt HV (34.8v) on the Mamba XLX2 33.6.. Curious to see if anything happens..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLMods

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Doing EXB outcast build as we speak.. Putting in the XLX2,1100kv and picked up some Revtech 4S 15.2v 6750mah 110C "Graphene" LiHV (Trinity) for a good price.. During the build I then spot in BOLD you can't exceed 33.6 and was like WTF.... Prior to buying this a long while back I could have sworn I read this could even do 10s..

Anyhow, I started to wonder why or if 1.2V would make such a difference.. Knowing that as soon as you slam the throttle that voltage is gonna fall instantly.. With that said, I asked my buddy whos a battery genius and an extreme RC racer/entusiast.. He told me .15 a cell 1.2V is nothing to that ESC, however, the only thing that may happen is that the ESC may think your running a different set of cells. He went on about what the ESC may think or do but I don't remember all the details. All I know is he said it will be fine..

I haven't finished this build yet and not that I don't agree with him, however, it would be nice to find someone else that is already running HV cells and has no issue.. I'd hate to burn a 500 setup if I can prevent it.. However, I will be that guy who findws out if this will work or not... I'm thinking all will be fine and having said that. I'm gonna do it slow. Ease it in there gently if you will..

I run an Icharger4010 so I plan on charging each cell to 4.22 to see how she takes it at 33.76, if all goes well I'll continue to give her some more juice in small increments at .02v.. I'll report back once I finish this build.

Open for any tips or comments if you've already seen or done this yourself.! Cheers..

It's going to end badly.

Doing EXB outcast build as we speak.. Putting in the XLX2,1100kv and picked up some Revtech 4S 15.2v 6750mah 110C "Graphene" LiHV (Trinity) for a good price.. During the build I then spot in BOLD you can't exceed 33.6 and was like WTF.... Prior to buying this a long while back I could have sworn I read this could even do 10s..

Anyhow, I started to wonder why or if 1.2V would make such a difference.. Knowing that as soon as you slam the throttle that voltage is gonna fall instantly.. With that said, I asked my buddy whos a battery genius and an extreme RC racer/entusiast.. He told me .15 a cell 1.2V is nothing to that ESC, however, the only thing that may happen is that the ESC may think your running a different set of cells. He went on about what the ESC may think or do but I don't remember all the details. All I know is he said it will be fine..

I haven't finished this build yet and not that I don't agree with him, however, it would be nice to find someone else that is already running HV cells and has no issue.. I'd hate to burn a 500 setup if I can prevent it.. However, I will be that guy who findws out if this will work or not... I'm thinking all will be fine and having said that. I'm gonna do it slow. Ease it in there gently if you will..

I run an Icharger4010 so I plan on charging each cell to 4.22 to see how she takes it at 33.76, if all goes well I'll continue to give her some more juice in small increments at .02v.. I'll report back once I finish this build.

Open for any tips or comments if you've already seen or done this yourself.! Cheers..
Let us know how it goes. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the XLX2 won't even initialize if you give it more than 33.6v.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back