Felony Building a Felony from a stretched Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DenderDennis

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Raider
  3. Senton 3s
Hi there!
I am a huge fan of the Felony looks and want to build a Felony with a stretched Typhon chassis. Is this possible? I have found out that the Felony chassis is longer. Anyone did this mod before?
Please inform me of all the struggles ;-)
Thanx!

You're better off buying the felony chassis and transferring all your stuff to that. The chassis you are running now won't work with that body, you have a lot of stuff to do in order to turn it into a felony. Check Jenny's rc for parts you need

The infraction/felony is a unique size, wheelbase and width wise. The Typhon wont get to those dimensions. You can get a variety of cooler bodies for the Typhon and stretch Typhon though. Look at 1/8 GT class bodies from Delta Pastiks and Bitty Designs. What you may spend on converting a rig, it may be wiser to just hunt a deal on another rig and have 2 toys.

The front and rear clips of a Felony are almost the exact same as the Typhon. Same arms, hubs, axles, hexes, and links.
But you still have to purchase a lot of parts. The chassis, towers, shocks, rear center drive shaft, body mounts, front and rear diffusers, front wheels/tires, rear wheels/tires, the body, receiver box/servo mount, battery trays/straps. So is it worth it? Maybe just buy a roller from Ebay and transfer the electronics.

The infraction/felony is a unique size, wheelbase and width wise. The Typhon wont get to those dimensions. You can get a variety of cooler bodies for the Typhon and stretch Typhon though. Look at 1/8 GT class bodies from Delta Pastiks and Bitty Designs. What you may spend on converting a rig, it may be wiser to just hunt a deal on another rig and have 2 toys.
This!

The front and rear clips of a Felony are almost the exact same as the Typhon. Same arms, hubs, axles, hexes, and links.
But you still have to purchase a lot of parts. The chassis, towers, shocks, rear center drive shaft, body mounts, front and rear diffusers, front wheels/tires, rear wheels/tires, the body, receiver box/servo mount, battery trays/straps. So is it worth it? Maybe just buy a roller from Ebay and transfer the electronics.
Personally, I would rather buy a 2nd rig and then just upgrade each as needed and have 2 good rigs instead of 1 hodge podge.

Disclaimer: I Bought 3 x Drag Slashes last September and 3 Typhon this January when they were on sale, so I obv always favor more rigs over conversions. It makes it nice when you have 3 broken rigs but still have 12 that run. ;)

This!

Personally, I would rather buy a 2nd rig and then just upgrade each as needed and have 2 good rigs instead of 1 hodge podge.

Disclaimer: I Bought 3 x Drag Slashes last September and 3 Typhon this January when they were on sale, so I obv always favor more rigs over conversions. It makes it nice when you have 3 broken rigs but still have 12 that run. ;)
In Dutch we say; er is geen betere raad dan voorraad.
It means, there is no better advice then a good stock. But it doesn't rime so it is basically rubbish to say this... ;-)

Thanx for the advice!
This!

I have 9... 3 Typhon stretched, 1 Mojave, 2 Granites, 1 Typhon 3S, 1 Typhon 6S and 1 Vendetta with a 6S conversion and a Slash body, this is for soeedruns.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back