Granite Building a stunt truck in my hotel room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

museguy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Mega 2WD
Hi All,
I find myself in a hotel room in Utah for an extended stay. Thought I would build a stunt truck to keep myself busy. I am away from my RC tools and toys at home, planning to keep it simple. I tend to enjoy building more than driving.

Have ordered a Granite Boost brushed 4x2. Plan to run 3S, new motor, new ESC, and 4x4. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Arrma RC Truck 1/10 Granite 4X2 Boost MEGA 550 Brushed Monster Truck RTR (Batteries and Charger Not Included) $173.72 with tax and shipping.

I am trying to keep the build on the cheap side; I will most likely sell it instead of bringing it home.

Last edited:
To build inexpensively, go to Jenny's RC and buy the parts you need from them. Do a search here and you should be able to find threads on converting a Mega to a BLX system.

Thank you @morrjr71!

I was not aware of Jenny's RC will check them out. Several good threads on converting Mega to BLX;
Granite Mega to BLX conversion
Another Granite Mega brushless conversion
Granite mega to BLX conversion
recommended brushless upgrade for arrma granite 4x4 mega

I will start to put together a parts list. Cheers

Last edited:
A quick blast in the snow in the hotel parking lot:

IMG_2656.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet ride you got there. Id like that kind of rig. 💥 You are killing it.

Hi All,

Today, I took the truck to a local off-road site and had a blast jumping the truck. Even 2wd and brushed, able to jump and have fun.

I can see the truck is having trouble with traction, I would like to convert to 4 x 4. Has anyone used the metal-geared front differential? Is it worth it, or is it better to buy the Arrma 4 x 4 kit?

Thank you!

Back