Bushing solution for Typhon 6s shock install on 3s BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrowPilot31

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Made a fixture for drill to hold new pivot ball and sanded it down to 6mm. Perfect fit.
9366C468-3F52-4BF9-9886-4D92FB9000D4.jpeg

DB1A58ED-417F-40A9-8DE4-535674648BD4.jpeg

552D3F85-01AC-42B4-BA94-1A5EE1C0A56B.jpeg

What issues did you have with them? I'm genuinely curious as I've not had any problems so far. They've been on my trucks for over a year now.

I agree they do not move as freely, but I think they move easily enough for my own purposes. I could see how depending upon the setup for your Typhon, you might want them to move super smooth and easy.
The photos you posted appear to be the end results of your modification, what does the fixture you designed look like that allows you to accomplish this?

Last edited:
Shocks don't really rotate much there. The Axial bushings move more than freely enough for the miniscule movement. Also, the whole idea of shocks is to resist and cushion movement. If anything, the cushion and resistance of the Axial bushings complements the function of the shocks. I think the cushion and wiggle room they provide is also better for durability. I think Axial bushings are easy AND ideal.

Shocks don't really rotate much there. The Axial bushings move more than freely enough for the miniscule movement. Also, the whole idea of shocks is to resist and cushion movement. If anything, the cushion and resistance of the Axial bushings complements the function of the shocks. I think the cushion and wiggle room they provide is also better for durability. I think Axial bushings are easy AND ideal.
Is that why Arrma and Pro Line shocks and others have pivot balls? Asking for a friend.

I would agree with it for the rear but the front end is more fluid and dynamic because of steering.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back