Senton Calculating top speed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mmcbryar

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
What numbers are you using?

Senton 3s

4.2v per cell
57/20 pinion
37/13 diff
3200kv
2 cell
Tire size 4.1

Gives me a mph of 40 on 2s and 60 on 3s

Does this seem right? I know friction and what not will slow it down, but trying to compare my trucks and gear ratios.

Made my own Google sheet for it. I keep reading other posts and my numbers don't seem to line up.

Yup. 30 on 2 and 45 on 3 is what you should expect. Not bad for 3s.

I have a cell for dead battery speed, it is 33. The calculator does not show voltage.

I wonder where I messed up. Because yeah basic math if it does 50 on 3s it should be 33 on 2s (according to the box)

What numbers are you using?

Senton 3s

4.2v per cell
57/20 pinion
37/13 diff
3200kv
2 cell
Tire size 4.1

Gives me a mph of 40 on 2s and 60 on 3s

Does this seem right? I know friction and what not will slow it down, but trying to compare my trucks and gear ratios.

Made my own Google sheet for it. I keep reading other posts and my numbers don't seem to line up.

I use a spreadsheet from Bolospeed. For tire size I use 110mm for the Senton 3S. I get 37.32 mph on 2s and 55.97 on 3s.

Those numbers are close to mine, wonder if there is drag factored in.

EDIT

At 3.8 volts our numbers match.

I want a good baseline, then I may add drag and voltage drop.

Thanks.

Those numbers are close to mine, wonder if there is drag factored in.

EDIT

At 3.8 volts our numbers match.

I want a good baseline, then I may add drag and voltage drop.

Thanks.

Tape your phone to it and run a speedometer app. Takes away all of the guesswork!

Tape your phone to it and run a speedometer app. Takes away all of the guesswork!
That's what I do.
I recommend the app Speedometer Pro for the blackbox data recorder and stored accelerometer data for each run

Yeah once the weather clears up some, I just wanted to see speed and acceleration between 2 trucks. 3800kv and 3200kv.

That's what I do.
I recommend the app Speedometer Pro for the blackbox data recorder and stored accelerometer data for each run
View attachment 30151
Can you tell me who the version you have is made by. More than one pro in the play store

This is the free version that I started off using

This is the pro version (I think it was2 or 3 dollars, don't remember exactly) that includes accelerometer data and a few more options

This is the free version that I started off using
View attachment 30153

This is the pro version (I think it was2 or 3 dollars, don't remember exactly) that includes accelerometer data and a few more options

View attachment 30152
Must be native to Apple only. Not showing up on Google. Lots of others to try. Thanks Duke, sorry, Mr. Duke

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back