Infraction Speed pinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctoolhead

Reaction score
Installed speed pinion and only goes 58 when pinned. Can adjustment of pinion cause this? Battery was fully charged. Did notice battery died only after a few runs. The second battery as well. Not sure if related. Had AVC turned up, but didn't think that would affect it?? A little stumped. New to the rc world

Installed speed pinion and only goes 58 when pinned. Can adjustment of pinion cause this? Battery was fully charged. Did notice battery died only after a few runs. The second battery as well. Not sure if related. Had AVC turned up, but didn't think that would affect it?? A little stumped. New to the rc world
Infraction 3s or 6s? What battery were you running? 58 is about the stock pinion speed on 6s on the infraction 6s, so if you're only getting 58 on speed pinion you need to look at stronger packs. Infraction 3s should also be running faster than 58 on speed pinion. When a battery has severe voltage sag though it's not going to hit the top speeds you're expecting.

Infraction 3s. Ran a 7600mah 120c and 6600mah 120c packs

7600mah 120c was expecting to hit 65 or so
Are these the CNHL 3s2p packs? The infraction 3s isn't as aerodynamic as the vendetta but it should still be capable of 65. Honestly the battery size might be working against you. If these are the CNHL Racing packs my guess is that your issue is being a bit too heavy with the larger packs and getting amp limited by the ESC. The other thing is you wanna slowly add throttle over a really long distance to hit top speeds so you don't overload the ESC too quickly. The stock ESC cuts out a bit too easily but I would honestly expect you shouldn't have trouble getting more than 60 mph on smooth surface on a day with no wind. Double check motor wire bullets are all in good shape, I lost a lot of power when one of my bullets got smoked by overcurrent.

Are these the CNHL 3s2p packs? The infraction 3s isn't as aerodynamic as the vendetta but it should still be capable of 65. Honestly the battery size might be working against you. If these are the CNHL Racing packs my guess is that your issue is being a bit too heavy with the larger packs and getting amp limited by the ESC. The other thing is you wanna slowly add throttle over a really long distance to hit top speeds so you don't overload the ESC too quickly. The stock ESC cuts out a bit too easily but I would honestly expect you shouldn't have trouble getting more than 60 mph on smooth surface on a day with no wind. Double check motor wire bullets are all in good shape, I lost a lot of power when one of my bullets got smoked by overcurrent.
So you were right on point. I eased into full throttle and was able to hit 59. I can tell I can improve on that. The batteries weren't the issue so much. I was accelerating to fast and causing the esc to go limp. Didn't take battery weight into the equation for speed runs. Great for bashing about. The other issue I think might have contributed was the esc not being calibrated properly. I think when I first set it up I didn't have any of the adjustments in the neutral position avc etc... Set the punch to full level and increased the brake level as well. Thanks for the input

So you were right on point. I eased into full throttle and was able to hit 59. I can tell I can improve on that. The batteries weren't the issue so much. I was accelerating to fast and causing the esc to go limp. Didn't take battery weight into the equation for speed runs. Great for bashing about. The other issue I think might have contributed was the esc not being calibrated properly. I think when I first set it up I didn't have any of the adjustments in the neutral position avc etc... Set the punch to full level and increased the brake level as well. Thanks for the input
If you're going for the fastest speed possible it's counterintuitive but for speed runs most speedrunners put the punch way down as I understand it. Punch settings increase the amps being delivered on startup and by setting it lower, you will slowly ramp up to top speed with the minimum strain on the electronics.

Back