Typhon Camera & Mount ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjscharlotte

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Typhon 6s
Hey guys,
I just bought a Typhon 6s and a Traxxas XMaxx and want to get a couple of mounts and a camera. There's so many options for cameras and its confusing. I'm mainly looking for a speedometer and video. What do you guys think are the best options? I like the GoPro but i'm not opposed to different brands. Also, are the mounts that come with the cameras ok to mount on the cars/trucks or should I go with another style? Thanks for any help.

The GoPro is going to be the best as far as performance and software. But there are less expensive units as well as ones with more versatility. A lot of it comes down to budget and preference. If you can find a used Hero 6 or 7, you can save some money, if that’s even important.

I've seen the GoPro Hero 8 and the image stability and quality when its mounted to the car is great. How is the stability quality on other cameras? It seems to bounce around alot on the GoPro 6 and below.

I've seen the GoPro Hero 8 and the image stability and quality when its mounted to the car is great. How is the stability quality on other cameras? It seems to bounce around alot on the GoPro 6 and below.

if you mount it in the right way (not on the body) it’s very stable, I’m using a hero 5 black, check my videos here

Nice!! That's alot more stable than some of the other videos I have seen. Is that mounted to the wing? Also, how did you get the speedometer to show on the screen?

Nice!! That's alot more stable than some of the other videos I have seen. Is that mounted to the wing? Also, how did you get the speedometer to show on the screen?

yeah it’s on the wing but basically mounted on the wing mount and squeezed down on the shock tower

For the gauges, you need to enable gps before recording, then open the file with gopro quik, activate them and export a normal mp4 to work with

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back