Cameras

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewcity414

King of questions
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
What's a good camera or GoPro to grab? I find it hard recording with the remote and camera in hand. I've been looking into GoPro but never owned one.

What's a good camera or GoPro to grab? I find it hard recording with the remote and camera in hand. I've been looking into GoPro but never owned one.
You can get a GoPro Hero 5 Black for $214 from Amazon. The newer Hero 6 Black can be had for around $300. I went with the 6 because it has better stabilization, 4k resolution, and a 240 frame rate for 1080p.

You can get a GoPro Hero 5 Black for $214 from Amazon. The newer Hero 6 Black can be had for around $300. I went with the 6 because it has better stabilization, 4k resolution, and a 240 frame rate for 1080p.
How much does hero6 go for I was reading reviews half of the night.

How much does hero6 go for I was reading reviews half of the night.

I paid $314 from Amazon. You also need to buy a memory card but they are cheap. I also got kit with all sorts of mounts for around $20.

I've had a GoPro 3 Black for about for a number of years now (think I bought it at release) and still get use of it. It's fallen from 500' in the sky, run over by RC trucks and beaten to crap in the ocean but still works perfectly. Thinking about buying a new model sometime this year before going on a cruise but I'll definitely bring both.

I have a GoPro Hero 4 Silver that I have pretty much never used. But the few times I have it's been a fantastic camera.

I would agree with @bicketybam that the Hero 5 Black is a great camera and I really like the the 5's and newer are now water resistant without having to use a case like I do with my Hero 4.

If you don't mind spending a few extra bucks I think the Hero 6 is certainly the best choice as it's the latest and greatest but most importantly has great image stabilization which is something all the other Hero's lack.

I'm really looking forward to the having the waterproof camera without the case for certain activities but I'm sure the case is a big part of why my Hero3 still works.

The Yi 4k+ looks like an interesting alternative, gets good reviews. Not inherently waterproof, but Amazon had it as low as $160-ish recently.

The hero5 works well for me at 120fps 1920x1080. I started with my phone, galaxy s5. Then I got an akaso EK7000. It did ok, but out of the blue, it lost focus. I tried taking it apart and refocusing, but as soon as you bump it, it's out again. What sucks is the screen is so small that you can't tell until you download later.

Is this the one guys? I see so many different options.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190125-035902_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20190125-035902_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 48
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back