Kraton Can’t get these pins out. Any advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Notorious
Have some carnage that I have to repair and noticed I can’t get these pins out of the front wheel nut. Any advice?

image.jpg

Were you able to get the grub screw out? Even after I get the grub out, I still have to tap it out w a hex driver sometimes. Line up a small tool & tap on the handle w another driver.
Working on getting the grub screws out. It’s going to take a lot of force so I’ll have to bust the drill out!

Working on getting the grub screws out. It’s going to take a lot of force so I’ll have to bust the drill out!
Use a mini torch from the dollar store or convenience store. Heat it for about 15-30 sec, it'll come right out.

I stripped a grub screw on the left front steering assembly on a week-old Infraction 6s, even after using heat and MIP drivers. I don't have a bench vise, so there was no way I was ever going to be able to punch the pins out. I submitted a warranty claim to HH, and they agreed to send me all the parts necessary to assemble complete left and right steering block assemblies. I was able to get the rear grub screws out without issue.

Back