Car occasionally slows down and then eventually comes to a complete stop.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cam1234

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello, i have the latest granite blx and recently i have been having issues. The car will run normally and then it will suddenly slow down drastically to a crawl and then eventually comes to a stop. I have tried changing batteries, how much i brake, how much i accelerate, leaving the car to rest etc. Any fix to this as it is quite annoying. Thanks. Edit: problem solved. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
What esc does your rig use? Sounds like nothing but normal lvc to me. Pull the battery as soon as your granite noticeably slows down to avoid eating lipos ok

How long do you run it before this happens? Because what you are describing is the low voltage control on the esc.
I typically run it for about 10-20 mins before this happens. But nothing is overheating and I have changed the batteries so I do not know why it would cut out

I typically run it for about 10-20 mins before this happens. But nothing is overheating and I have changed the batteries so I do not know why it would cut out
That sounds about like the normal run time with a 3s BLX model. The esc has 2 stage low voltage control, first stage cuts power to about half for about 30 seconds or so second stage completely cuts power to the motor, this prevents you from destroying your batteries.

Basically with lipo batteries 4.2v per cell is full and 3.2v per cell is considered empty, for safety and the life of the battery most escs will cut out around 3.4-3.6v per cell under load, at rest you could see cell readings from 3.5-3.7v per cell, some of the lower quality cells will be 3.6-3.8v per cell or higher.

https://www.rchelicopterfun.com/lipo-batteries.html

Last edited:
That sounds about like the normal run time with a 3s BLX model. The esc has 2 stage low voltage control, first stage cuts power to about half for about 30 seconds or so second stage completely cuts power to the motor, this prevents you from destroying your batteries.

Basically with lipo batteries 4.2v per cell is full and 3.2v per cell is considered empty, for safety and the life of the battery most escs will cut out around 3.4-3.6v per cell under load, at rest you could see cell readings from 3.5-3.7v per cell, some of the lower quality cells will be 3.6-3.8v per cell or higher.

https://www.rchelicopterfun.com/lipo-batteries.html
But I use a 6200 mah battery that once ran for 1 hour 10 with no interruptions

With what car? :)
granite 4x4 but i think that i understand what happened now thanks to slick2500. Basically, i think that the batteries shipped to me on 0 per cent so since i did not fully charge them they were not full enough. Thanks for the help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back