Kraton Castle 1415 with copperhead 10 System in 4s Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got that backwards

And that's a terrible analogy!! 🤣
Yep realized that after I posted since edited but regardless my point is still valid a Hobbywing 200a esc could be a 80a esc from castle or a 120a castle esc could be a 400a Hobbywing esc you can't judge based on amp rating from one company to the next and most spektrum firma esc's if not all of them are rebranded Hobbywing esc's

The motor is the same specs as the stock motor so how exactly is it to small or not going to last very long? And the Copperhead 10 Esc is widely considered an upgrade over the stock 120a spectrum so again how is it way to small

OK let me rephrase what I said the stock motor didn't burn up in the traditional sense my wife had some hard landings and the stock motor stripped the mounting holes due to those hard landings rendering the stock motor no longer usable that's what I meant by burnt up because you can't rebuild a stock rtr spectrum motor I apologize for the confusion
The stock motor is too small, physically, power wise, output wise, however you want to phrase it... there's plenty of room to run a bigger/stronger/higher output motor, so why would you go right back to the minimum if you need to replace it, regardless the reason? There's plenty of people besides myself that cooked the stock motor in a relatively short time, it's inadequate for a vehicle that size.... unless you're running 3s packs or 4s packs on 50% throttle, it's only a matter of time. But, like I said, it's already in there, might as well give it hellđź‘Ť

The stock motor is too small, physically, power wise, output wise, however you want to phrase it... there's plenty of room to run a bigger/stronger/higher output motor, so why would you go right back to the minimum if you need to replace it, regardless the reason? There's plenty of people besides myself that cooked the stock motor in a relatively short time, it's inadequate for a vehicle that size.... unless you're running 3s packs or 4s packs on 50% throttle, it's only a matter of time. But, like I said, it's already in there, might as well give it hellđź‘Ť
It's my Wife's car and she doesn't run it like I do or like alot of other people do I asked her if she wanted to go bigger with the motor/esc or stay the same size but go to another brand she elected to stay the same size as it works for her driving style and castle is a stronger more reliable motor and the great thing about rc cars is if u upgrade and decide u don't like it you can always go a different route it's not like once it's in the car it's permanently in there

Way too small in my opinion... I run a Spektrum 150a esc and Spektrum 4274 1900kv motor in my daughter's 4s v2 Outcast on a 15t pinion and it's perfect, we can run back to back 6500mah packs and there's hardly any temperature in the motor and esc... I'm sure your setup will work, but that motor probably won't last long
As it turns out that system is better than the stock system by far it performed above expectations had no heating issues and ran 2 6200 mah 100c packs back to back with stock spur and 15t pinion there was an obvious power increase more torque even with going up 1 tooth from stock pinion things she wanted to do but couldn't with the stock system she can now do with this Castle System with ease so.......so far so good.

That and the logging, but does it outperform the Firma? 🤔
As it turns out that system is better than the stock system by far it performed above expectations had no heating issues and ran 2 6200 mah 100c packs back to back with stock spur and 15t pinion there was an obvious power increase more torque even with going up 1 tooth from stock pinion things she wanted to do but couldn't with the stock system she can now do with this Castle System with ease so.......so far so good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back