Kraton Castle 1415 with copperhead 10 System in 4s Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Army_Vet_Rc_Addict

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Notorious
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vendetta
I Put a castle 1415 2400kv Motor paired with a Castle Copperhead 10 Limited Edition in my Wife's 4s Kraton running a 15t pinion with the stock 57t spur what do yall think about this setup?

16966539874529105490113305111005.jpg

20231007_003637.jpg

20231007_003653.jpg

20231007_003705.jpg

Looking at the picture it looks small it's about the same size and spec as the stock motor.

Is the ESC mounted on top of the receiver box?
Yes it's mounted on the receiver box where the stock esc was mounted and the stock motor burnt up so we went with this castle setup and it's no smaller than the stock motor the copperhead 10 is actually a slightly bigger esc

Last edited:
Way too small in my opinion... I run a Spektrum 150a esc and Spektrum 4274 1900kv motor in my daughter's 4s v2 Outcast on a 15t pinion and it's perfect, we can run back to back 6500mah packs and there's hardly any temperature in the motor and esc... I'm sure your setup will work, but that motor probably won't last long

I'm sure your setup will work, but that motor probably won't last long
That 1415 is a surprisingly strong motor. It definitely punches above its weight class, and it’s also the same size as the stock motor.

I don’t think there will be any problems with the motor unless it’s geared stupidly high.

That 1415 is a surprisingly strong motor. It definitely punches above its weight class, and it’s also the same size as the stock motor.

I don’t think there will be any problems with the motor unless it’s geared stupidly high.
Exactly my point... his stock motor burned up, as most of those 4s V2 Kraton and Outcast motors do, mine included on stock gearing, it's too small... but hey, it's already in there, might as well beat it up!

Way too small in my opinion... I run a Spektrum 150a esc and Spektrum 4274 1900kv motor in my daughter's 4s v2 Outcast on a 15t pinion and it's perfect, we can run back to back 6500mah packs and there's hardly any temperature in the motor and esc... I'm sure your setup will work, but that motor probably won't last long
The motor is the same specs as the stock motor so how exactly is it to small or not going to last very long? And the Copperhead 10 Esc is widely considered an upgrade over the stock 120a spectrum so again how is it way to small
Exactly my point... his stock motor burned up, as most of those 4s V2 Kraton and Outcast motors do, mine included on stock gearing, it's too small... but hey, it's already in there, might as well beat it up!
OK let me rephrase what I said the stock motor didn't burn up in the traditional sense my wife had some hard landings and the stock motor stripped the mounting holes due to those hard landings rendering the stock motor no longer usable that's what I meant by burnt up because you can't rebuild a stock rtr spectrum motor I apologize for the confusion

It's not geared high at all its got the stock 57t spur gear with a 15t pinion stock pinion is 14t so geared up 1 tooth and she honestly prefer the stock gearing anyway lol

Last edited:
I want to know who told you that a copperhead 10 was an upgrade over the Firma 120a!! 🥸
Mutiple threads on multiple different forums but it's all based on personal preferences and the copperhead 10 can be used sensored or sensorless unlike the spektrum firma 120a which can only run sensorless

Idk about that, one is 80a and one is 120a!! 😎
Castle doesn't rate their esc's by amps and btw what Hobbywing or spektrum would call say a 400a esc castle may say it's a 120a esc so I don't rely on amp ratings and I run alot of castle esc's never had any issues other than 1 xlx2 went bad I've also had a few spektrum firma esc's go bad as well as a Hobbywing Max6 esc a copperhead 10 I've had them in crawlers Bashers drifters sct stadium trucks and so on very versatile esc that is 4s compatible

Last edited:
Castle doesn't rate their esc's by amps and btw what Hobbywing or spektrum would call say a 400a esc castle may say it's a 120a esc so I don't rely on amp ratings and I run alot of castle esc's never had any issues other than 1 xlx2 went bad I've also had a few spektrum firma esc's go bad as well as a Hobbywing Max6 esc a copperhead 10 I've had them in crawlers Bashers drifters sct stadium trucks and so on very versatile esc that is 4s compatible

Totally agree. The ESC/Motor system should be rated as output at the motor shaft, like brake horsepower on a car. Saying the ESC draws 150A is like saying my car get 15 mpg and trying to relate that to a 1/4 mile time.

Totally agree. The ESC/Motor system should be rated as output at the motor shaft, like brake horsepower on a car. Saying the ESC draws 150A is like saying my car get 15 mpg and trying to relate that to a 1/4 mile time.esc amp ratings are rated based o

Esc amp ratings are generally not always interpreted the same company to company therefore esc amp ratings are mute for the most part

Last edited:
Esc amp ratings are generally rated as burst not continuous and not always interpreted the same company to company therefore esc amp ratings are mute for the most part
You got that backwards
Totally agree. The ESC/Motor system should be rated as output at the motor shaft, like brake horsepower on a car. Saying the ESC draws 150A is like saying my car get 15 mpg and trying to relate that to a 1/4 mile time.
And that's a terrible analogy!! 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back