Limitless Should I????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Army_Vet_Rc_Addict

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Notorious
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vendetta
So what do you all think I should do should I paint the stock v2 body and run open wheel this time around or should I go with a Gt style chassis and body like perfect pass or scorched chassis and delta plastics body? Any recommendations? What's yalls thoughts?

20230910_222859.jpg

So what do you all think I should do should I paint the stock v2 body and run open wheel this time around or should I go with a Gt style chassis and body like perfect pass or scorched chassis and delta plastics body? Any recommendations? What's yalls thoughts?

View attachment 321795

Open wheel.
In OD Green. 👍

Open wheel.
In OD Green. 👍
See I really like the open wheel look so I kinda wanna keep it open wheel but I've heard alot of people say to get to the 200mph+ range gt style bodies and chassis are where its at for down force and all that but either way my daughter who paints almost all my rc bodies wants to paint a storming space theme on whatever Body we go with lol

See I really like the open wheel look so I kinda wanna keep it open wheel but I've heard alot of people say to get to the 200mph+ range gt style bodies and chassis are where its at for down force and all that but either way my daughter who paints almost all my rc bodies wants to paint a storming space theme on whatever Body we go with lol

It is true that most speedruns are GT based...
But what's the fun it that?

Strike your own path!

One important note.. You must invest in foam tires IF you really intend to reach those kinds of speeds.

It is true that most speedruns are GT based...
But what's the fun it that?

Strike your own path!

One important note.. You must invest in foam tires IF you really intend to reach those kinds of speeds.
See thats what I was thinking with my 1st Limitless and I kinda wanna stay open wheel if possible cuz I just love how it looks tbh and to my knowledge 200+ has not been achieved with an open wheel but by only like 2 or 3 people all within the last 6 months or so and done got me some BSR tire foams thanks to this forum lol just need a tire truin machine to get em ready ive got the motor, esc, servo, PP launch Control, and all the gears id need left from my previous build im just lacking 4s batteries, a reciever(used old one in another car) and GPS device for speed readings and a painted body 😂😂🤣🤣

16944134146423460923107265986917.jpg

20230327_123615.jpg

20230324_113109.jpg

20230911_004510.jpg

20230911_004517.jpg

20230911_004527.jpg

Finding a good spot to do 150+mph can be hard as well, so just have fun with open wheel and go for a GT setup once you really maxed it out.

Awesome to have your daughter do the paintwork. I am curious how it will turn out
Oh yea I learned that the hard way on my 1st Limitless Build lol thought we had a good spot turns out wasn't so good but I'm doing more research as I'm rebuilding this new Limitless to find spots to run it before I do run it this time I'll post pictures when she gets the body painted it may take a little while tho especially cuz she has 1 she's doing now and then another one before the Limitless lol but she's awesome and an extremely talented artist

View attachment 321795
As for paint it depends, are you planning on doing long distance? If so a bright color might help.if your just doing street bashing or occasionally a few short distance runs then you can choose colors not so brite.so many ways to paint that body.solid color or go crazy .flame work .air brush art just depends what ya like .😁👍

As for paint it depends, are you planning on doing long distance? If so a bright color might help.if your just doing street bashing or occasionally a few short distance runs then you can choose colors not so brite.so many ways to paint that body.solid color or go crazy .flame work .air brush art just depends what ya like .😁👍
Oh I know ive already painted a limitless v2 before but appreciate the input bro 🤙🤙
Nothing like a new RC. I have a new Limitless as well. Not painted yet. I like the open wheel concept, But Im not into speed runs. Too much stress for me. :ROFLMAO:
I love the way the open wheel looks I had my 1st Limitless up to around 150mph with with it open wheel

Last edited:
FWIW,
200+ mph is such a monumental task and there are so many barriers I wouldn't even consider that as a reason not to stick with open wheel. There's probably only a handful of guys on this forum that have actually broken 160 mph let alone 200

FWIW,
200+ mph is such a monumental task and there are so many barriers I wouldn't even consider that as a reason not to stick with open wheel. There's probably only a handful of guys on this forum that have actually broken 160 mph let alone 200
I've hit 150mph with my 1st Limitless Build so I'm just trying to build off that with this build 200mph is the goal but i know it's a tall task

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back