Castle 1717 Cooling Fans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rottster

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
Just bought this setup https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/p...r-bracket-with-40x28-fans-carbon-fiber-covers although the 1717 and MMX8S in my Kraton 6s has been running pretty cool without a fan. Temps here have been pretty mild though, around 65-70 when I took it out last on 6s and a 22t pinion. Just blasting up and down the street and crawling over the neighbors construction trash pile, lol. No real speed runs or high speed grass bashing. Has anyone used this fan setup before? Max amps, 288.7, Watts 6063, Mtr Temp 132.9, ESC temp 128.6.
Castle20230517.jpg

Last edited:
Awfully expensive fans there. I'm sure they work. (y)
I run (2) 40x 20mm 5v fans that give 28 CFM's each. Run them at 6v or 7.4v BEC depending, and very cool. Double fan mount and my (2) 28CFM fans cost me half the price.
Can never be too cool. Only too hot. :giggle: I keep my K6s running 6s and a 17T. Off roading. 20T+ and it runs too hot in the summer heat.

Awfully expensive fans there. I'm sure they work. (y)
I run (2) 40x 20mm 5v fans that give 28 CFM's each. Run them at 6v or 7.4v BEC depending, and very cool. Double fan mount and my (2) 28CFM fans cost me half the price.
Can never be too cool. Only too hot. :giggle: I keep my K6s running 6s and a 17T. Off roading. 20T+ and it runs too hot in the summer heat.
Yeah, kinda pricey but they are here in the states and a family owned biz, plus they sponsor one of our members. I work really hard for my dough, but I'll happily spend more if comes back into the community. :) I won't install the fans until it gets 80+ or I see motor temps hit 160 so I can report back on the temperature delta. I've got my BEC set to 8v so we'll see. Weather here has been horrendous so it might be a while and I totally agree, can never be too cool! It sure would be nice to keep the 22t even in hot weather.. I got 71 mph on belted street tires in a short parking lot last April, then took it to the big park by me and absolutely hauled in the grass. Sensor cable backed out so I didn't get any good data, but with a touch test, I figure 140-145 although it was a cool 60F day.

A Temp gun doesn't guess or lie. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back