Radio Control Power Fans for CC 1717-1650

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rottster

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
I just tested the RCP Xtreme Cool Black Motor Bracket with 40x28 Fans Carbon Fiber Covers 45-49mm with no switch running on a Kraton EXB Roller.... Hey, if I don't want the fans on, I'll pull the connector off the reciever, right? I don't do water here in Colorado anyway.

SO anyway, last Sunday was pretty mild, about 80 tops and was messing around on the street (which I know I shouldn't do, but my bro in laws were here... ;)" and I never hit 99F on the motor. I wasn't babying it either with a max of 275 amps 5250 watts in a mix of crawling over parking blocks, ripping down the street and aerating all the neighbors lawns, lol. Flips as well and stoppies too! Broke all the plastic center sections on my Pro-Line Badlands MTX HP's again, so I swapped on my Pro-Line Street Fighters and continued to run. Like we've all had to do, I have aluminum centers on the way for my Pro-Lines.

Man these fans blow...and suck, lol. I'm pulling grass out of them as we speak. There's an explanation on their web site as to configure for more filtration or more flow. I'm totally impressed with the engineering put into the bracket itself... They actually put a set screw in one side of the bracket to assure the correct amount of tension. In summary, they are not cheap, but you get what you pay for and I think they're worth every dollar.

IMG_6017.JPG

IMG_6018.JPG

IMG_6019.JPG
IMG_6021.JPG

IMG_6022.JPG

BTW, running A 25T pinion, hit 70 mph a month or so ago in 800' parking lot, no sweat.

Last edited:
This looks like the Powerhobby motor fan mounts that are pretty popular... :unsure::unsure::unsure:

56-58mm
47-49mm
40-42mm
36-38mm
Nope, no set screw and flipped my Kraton at least 6 times and the mount never moved. Family owned biz in Arizona IIRC, but I can't tell you that everything is made in the USA. I can tell you that these fans are wicked fast/powerful and the mount is beyond reproach. I've tried 3 different brands of fans, and these are amazing. More than likely I'll get a fan from them for the ESC MMX8S in the near future since the motor is running 20F+ cooler than the ESC now.

Rcp has some good products. I use some of their switches.
Here the same mount but from power hobby like the person above states
Pic is terrible quality new one attached

Attachments

• IMG_6201.jpeg
    IMG_6201.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6202.jpeg
    IMG_6202.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 31
I’ve always used rocket I don’t like them big bulky things I like em short and sweet. Lol

I’ve always used rocket I don’t like them big bulky things I like em short and sweet. Lol
Yes, Rockets are surprisingly good for their size. Sometimes crashes or hard landings result in broken blades, but I run them on all of my 3s rigs.

Those plastic housing fans were lucky to make it to a second battery pack off large jumps before the fan blades were cracked and seized. They should have full rear mounting stability and not just one side and a top bracket. The housing flexes and cracks the fan blade.

Maybe you’ll have better longevity 🤷‍♂️

Yes, Rockets are surprisingly good for their size. Sometimes crashes or hard landings result in broken blades, but I run them on all of my 3s rigs.
I run them on everything and knock on wood never had a blade break. But I haven’t jumped but Mayb 20feet in the air off a 4ft ramp or so

I run the RCP fan in my infraction on the MMX 8S combo and they keep everything cool. I have them both plugged in to the receiver.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back