Outcast Castle Mamba X 2-6s Waterproof

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Can This little caslte esc perform in a Outcast 4s? It is 2-6s but seems real small. Also which Castle motor best suits this machine!! Thanks so much in advance

I put the monster mamba X in my sons Kraton EXB with the 1512 1800kv motor on 4S it’s fast almost to fast for a 9 year old!

You're living on the edge with that ESC. It supports 9 pounds max and the outcast is 9.2 pounds plus batteries.

Luckily, the Monster X is cheaper and more capable.
I put the monster mamba X in my sons Kraton EXB with the 1512 1800kv motor on 4S it’s fast almost to fast for a 9 year old!
I think he's asking about the Mamba X, not the Mamba Monster X.

Awesome!!!
You're living on the edge with that ESC. It supports 9 pounds max and the outcast is 9.2 pounds plus batteries.

Luckily, the Monster X is cheaper and more capable.

I think he's asking about the Mamba X, not the Mamba Monster X.
That's what i figured. This esc is tiny!! haha

I have it in my kids 3s Typhon and 3s Granite, both have the 2050kv motor from the 6s cars, they only get ran on 5000mah 3s batts, but that little esc is awesome for its size! The stock fan is garbage, broke 2 of them in no time, but other than that, I love them. I have all castle stuff for everything else so I'm familiar with the tuning on their stuff
There's a real recent YT video on Aldo Loyal's channel, he's beating the hell out of a 4s V2 Kraton with that esc in it, and he has no problems, I think it would be just fine(with a good fan), it does great in our 3s cars

Last edited:
I have it in my kids 3s Typhon and 3s Granite, both have the 2050kv motor from the 6s cars, they only get ran on 5000mah 3s batts, but that little esc is awesome for its size! The stock fan is garbage, broke 2 of them in no time, but other than that, I love them. I have all castle stuff for everything else so I'm familiar with the tuning on their stuff
There's a real recent YT video on Aldo Loyal's channel, he's beating the hell out of a 4s V2 Kraton with that esc in it, and he has no problems, I think it would be just fine(with a good fan), it does great in our 3s cars
The Outcast weighs 61% more than your Typhon. And that’s where the problem lies.

Last edited:
Not really 61%... And that's with a 150a esc, and a few other home made add-ons on the Outcast.. like I said, watch Aldo's YT video, I say run it, you'll be fine

20220830_204231.jpg

20220830_204213.jpg

It's 6s capable, on 4s with a good fan running non stop, you'll be fine

Not really 61%
The Outcast 4S V2 weighs 61% more than a Typhon 3S V3, according to the specs on arrma-rc.com.

Regardless, why are you encouraging someone to use that ESC on a car heavier than Castle recommends? Sure, it might survive, but it also might not which would cost @rchelipiloteer $170.

Are you claiming to know better than Castle? Are you going to cover the $170 since you said it’ll “be fine”?

The OC? I love it, I don't do the 25ft sends, but I've got a pretty good size ramp I built, and I've given it some decent abuse, so far so good.. pretty quick too, even on the stock setup it moves out. The OC likes to cartwheel and tumble a bit but in a good way, it's like a over caffeinated squirrel or something lol
The Outcast 4S V2 weighs 61% more than a Typhon 3S V3, according to the specs on arrma-rc.com.

Regardless, why are you encouraging someone to use that ESC on a car heavier than Castle recommends? Sure, it might survive, but it also might not which would cost @rchelipiloteer $170.

Are you claiming to know better than Castle? Are you going to cover the $170 since you said it’ll “be fine”?
Nope, just going by real world experience, not "specs" from a website. We beat those 3s cars this summer, on 85° + days, and after replacing the stock fan with a good one, esc temps were barley over 100°, and that's with a temp gun, not my guess from how long I can hold my finger on it... With realistic gearing, I have no doubt that esc would be fine, it's twice the esc that the truck comes with

Last edited:
I mean some people use mmx8s in kraton 8s and have zero problems. People also use 8s on motors that are labeled for 6s and have zero problems. Companies just trying to cover their own ass. I definitely wouldn't purposely buy an esc rated for a certain weight when I knew full well I'd be pushing it harder than that though. Now if I had it sitting around and not getting used\? thats a different story :geek:

Hello Can This little caslte esc perform in a Outcast 4s? It is 2-6s but seems real small. Also which Castle motor best suits this machine!! Thanks so much in advance
Take a look at the Castle spec sheet for this esc and motor. They specify which maximum weight you car has to be for this esc. I don't know what that Kraton weighs, but i have this esc in a Slash and it is 500 grams overweight, yet the esc handles it great.

I mean some people use mmx8s in kraton 8s and have zero problems. People also use 8s on motors that are labeled for 6s and have zero problems. Companies just trying to cover their own ass. I definitely wouldn't purposely buy an esc rated for a certain weight when I knew full well I'd be pushing it harder than that though. Now if I had it sitting around and not getting used\? thats a different story :geek:
Exactly, and the OP didn't say whether or not he already owns it, or was thinking of buying it, he just asked if it would handle it.. and based on my experiences and the video I provided, my answer is yes. My experience, at least with bashing, has always been keeping motor temps down to be the challenge, esc's seem a little more forgiving so long as the gearing and tire choice are somewhat reasonable

I put a Mamba X in a maxx and the positive lead melted out on the second run, granted the maxx is a lot over weight for the esc (Didn’t know at the time).

Side note, has anyone resoldered a lead on a Mamba X?

Last edited:
update, as i wait for the outcast, i installed it in a 6s typhon on 4s and it won't hold up to it, even at 8,0 lbs the 6s typhon is big when it comes to the drivetrain for this esc, gets way hot even with NXH screaming fan bolted on top, fun times haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back