Vorteks Which Castle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lethalcobra2k3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Vorteks
Im looking for more speed and power off road without the thermal issues of the stock Spektrum 100A esc. Can anyone point me to a decent upgrade and is the Castle line worth the high price for the performance you get? Im looking for something that will do 60mph off road and not smoke

Im looking for more speed and power off road without the thermal issues of the stock Spektrum 100A esc. Can anyone point me to a decent upgrade and is the Castle line worth the high price for the performance you get? Im looking for something that will do 60mph off road and not
Mamba monster x with a 1515 2200kv and the right gearing you should be good. You will need a laptop or desktop to go through the settings, but not hard at all. Lots of videos showing you how to use. I would stay around 3-4s, 6s is just to much for the drive train bashing or offroad

Mamba monster x with a 1515 2200kv and the right gearing you should be good. You will need a laptop or desktop to go through the settings, but not hard at all. Lots of videos showing you how to use. I would stay around 3-4s, 6s is just to much for the drive train bashing or offroad
I was looking at running a Mamba X w/1415-2400kv on 4s but not sure if its worth 2/3 the cost of the rig

I would go for a mamba monster x if you can. That motor is a good choice too, but I would go with the bigger esc. It will do like 250-300 amps I think. Hobbywing max 8 combo with the 2600kv 4268 is another great choice and a little cheaper. I had that setup on a Typhon 3s that I ran on 4s, but I made sure to run a fan on the motor. That setup might get you close to 60mph off-road, might.

Plus if you ever get a 6s rig, you will have a good 6s esc. I speed run a lot so I’m all about overpowering a rig, lol.
I would go for a mamba monster x if you can. That motor is a good choice too, but I would go with the bigger esc. It will do like 250-300 amps I think. Hobbywing max 8 combo with the 2600kv 4268 is another great choice and a little cheaper. I had that setup on a Typhon 3s that I ran on 4s, but I made sure to run a fan on the motor. That setup might get you close to 60mph off-road, might.
How far would I have to gear up since the motor is not spinning as fast as the spektrum 3200kv?

Back